Why do people put trash in other peoples truck bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I was in the Home Depot parking lot way out there, because I was meeting my dad to follow him somewhere, well this guy and couple of his friends pull up next to me and I guess he didn't realize I was in the truck, so I see him toss a plastic bottle and a bag of chips into the bed of my truck. You should have seen the look on his face when I got out of my truck and handed it back to him. Is this yours??? Then I threw it in the back of his truck. lol I was like what the [censored] is wrong with you, and went back into my truck. They also stood by his truck and were just chit chatting. I think they were returning something to the store and were trying to decide how to unload from their truck. Why do people do this? I always find trash that isn't mine back there. Just plain laziness? I guess it's the same as people driving around the parking lot for 10 minutes, so they can find a spot right next to the door of the store they want to go into?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same reason people litter. They're too lazy to throw away their trash properly, so they throw it out the window, on the ground, in someone's truck, anywhere is most convenient so they don't have to expend the great deal of energy (
smirk.gif
) it takes to find a proper trash can. I think the only reason they put it in a truck instead of on the ground is because they think, in their own warped logic, that it's not really littering. They're simply giving a complete stranger their trash and making them dispose of it for them, but it won't wind up in the environment and that's all that matters. Scum of the earth.

Well, it's a step up from throwing it on the ground, so I guess that's a bit of evolution in the works.

Probably outright laziness combined with not wanting to litter. I doubt much thought is involved. Probably saw someone else do it, and then copied the behavior.

Originally Posted By: CT8
There us a new class of low class people.

Yep...basically it's the middle-class without proper upbringing. When I was a young fella, even the lower-class, poor people had better manners and upbringing than the middle-class do today. I had a few friends that were dirt-poor, but they were clean, kind, and decent people.

It's a different world today. We seem to care very little about being good to each other. We almost celebrate being a jerk as a badge of honor.

Sad times.

Or just toss it out the window. I just cringe when the county shreds grass and the trash is now a thousand pieces ...

Same reason people in pickups carry trash bags at 70MPH and scatter them for miles.
Their Momma didn't raise them right.
Smoky

They're pretty good about that in my area. They have trash crews that go around and pickup trash on the banks of the road.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I had a few friends that were dirt-poor, but they were clean, kind, and decent people.

Now days the dirt poor people are a narcissistic bunch...rude, inconsiderate, and even outright belligerent...they are nothing like the poor of the old days...I still remember when poor people would give you the shirt off their backs...now days they're just scum...

Last edited:
Just more proof of the dumbing down. Money, or lack thereof, has absolutely nothing to do with class.
I give the OP credit for not escalating the incident into national news.

Houston is a trash down with trash people throwing trash in other peoples truck beds.

I don't actually live in Houston, I just put that down so people knew where I was located. I live in one of the little cities outside of Houston like 20 minutes from the city line. I guess I could have put the state down instead like everyone else, not sure why I put the city too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: 2009Edge
The same reason the shopping carts are all over the parking lot and not in the cart "box".
It makes HD look like China Mart.

I don't ever put them back in the box. lol I consider it job security for the guy who has to retrieve them. If everyone put them back in the cart holder I bet stores wouldn't have dedicated cart crews. I always park close to an island and make sure the cart is propped up on the curb so it doesn't go flying and hit someones car.

Littering drives me nuts. I would actually prefer people threw trash in the bed of my truck than on the ground (they don't because of the tonneau cover). I keep a rubbermaid in the bed just so I can pick up trash and throw it away when I get home.

The last trip I took to Lowes, I picked up 1 empty Coke can, 4 water bottles, and Four Loko can all within a 30 ft radius of where I parked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Or just toss it out the window. I just cringe when the county shreds grass and the trash is now a thousand pieces ...

Best anti-littering ad EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back