Don't people READ an Ebay listing before buying?

I was going to mention Taco Bell, but clearly you win.

All of this should be in the humor section. Seriously.

IMG_1125.jpeg

We just saw a truck leaving an estate sale in the neighborhood with a mattress strapped to the top of his camper shell. Eeeuuu
Ugh. Used mattress no way. I not even real keen on a used couch, who knows what has gone down on that thing.

Ugh. Used mattress no way. I not even real keen on a used couch, who knows what has gone down on that thing.
Talk about clever - I put out an old mattress to the curb after booking heavy trash pickup - it was in good shape and covered …
Coming back from town - an F150 was blocking the drive - so I rode around a bit … F150 gone - mattress remained ? After a double take I realized they had swapped and left one in worse shape 😜

Nope, they don’t.

I ran an eBay store for years, when shopping on cellphones became common the problems skyrocketed. Lots of buyers bent over obvious prominently listed details, like a 6 pack versus a dozen. Don’t read or plain can’t see it on their tiny screen.

Then they want to return it and expect you to pay the return shipping too. All you can do is eat it and block them from future purchases. Was a good gig overall but I don’t miss it.
Back before eBay became totally useless and filled with millions of Chinese listings I used to sell items.

Everything I sold that was used but functional
was sold as
Untested, as-is, non-functional , no-returns, ships insured but not liable for shipping damage.
I stated “If the item arrives in functional condition pay return shipping and I will gladly replace it with a similar item in non-functional condition “

Had 100% positive feedback and still got fair bid amounts only had a couple shipping damage issues over the 15 years.

Last edited:
Talk about clever - I put out an old mattress to the curb after booking heavy trash pickup - it was in good shape and covered …
Coming back from town - an F150 was blocking the drive - so I rode around a bit … F150 gone - mattress remained ? After a double take I realized they had swapped and left one in worse shape 😜
I gave away a decent captain's bed from a rental house we were cleaning but the catch was the mattress goes too. Bed was probably $2000 new and was maybe a year or two old.
Mattress looked like someone had rebuilt an engine on it then had Dirty Mike and the Boys on it.

I almost felt bad.

Reactions: 4WD
I gave away a decent captain's bed from a rental house we were cleaning but the catch was the mattress goes too. Bed was probably $2000 new and was maybe a year or two old.
Mattress looked like someone had rebuilt an engine on it then had Dirty Mike and the Boys on it.

I almost felt bad.
We put out a nice baby bed with oak headboard/ends … some low life takes the metal frame and ruined the $800 bed for his pocket money …

A friend says we'll pay $125-150/night to sleep on a bed that thousands of people have slept on but think it's gross to buy someone's mattress... truth in that.
Place I bought came with a furnished apartment in the shop.
The guy renting from me was going to throw out all the bedding, which was all nearly new.
Was grossed out that I wanted to keep it after washing it.

YET no issue using the mattress that was there. Even after finding a large box of "marital aides" under the bed.

Back