Smoked some baby backs today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer spares but my guests wanted baby backs. they came out pretty good, I used apple and oak as smoke wood.

IMG_20160724_180428.jpg

Apple is my go to also. My friend cut down an apple tree and gave me a couple of logs. Oak is great on pork and beef, especially tri tips.

I like the spareribs too. You get more meat and they're a little fattier so they give you a little "give me" room so they stay tender and not dry out.

I see the temp probe, what temp did you cook at/try to maintain? I try for 225°.

I tray and stay between 225 and 240.

Apple is my favorite, and is the most versatile smoke wood IMO.

I just did a couple of racks, and used some peach and a little Oak. My go to woods are cherry, apple ,maple and lastly oak. I feel Oak has more of a bitter flavor then the others do. But hey, you could smoke you boots and they'ed taste good.,,,,

Did some ribs this weekend too.....I got a Masterbuilt electric smoker and that thing rocks!!! I prefer dry rub and then 50/50 apple and oak....once in a while I'll throw in some pecan or mesquite...which is plentiful around here. Good eats!!!!

Somebody owes me a keyboard as my drool from looking at the photo just wrecked mine!

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Somebody owes me a keyboard as my drool from looking at the photo just wrecked mine!

Being that your keyboard is already ruined:

Even got a couple yard birds in there, drunk and spatchcock:

Last edited:
20.gif
I'm going to have to hit the store. Was going to cook a pot roast today but ribs look better.

Those look excellent! I've always been a fan of Pecan wood; it was always abundant in Mississippi. Slightly sweet smokey flavor that's not overpowering. I've recently become a fan of lump charcoal. Much easier to work with once you get the hang of it.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Originally Posted By: DBMaster

Being that your keyboard is already ruined:

You committed a serious offense, my keyboard is ruined !
97f150 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back