Wiper blade recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dart needs new wiper blades. What brand do you guys prefer is like them to last about a year or 15-20,000 miles. What do you guys like for price and value?

Basic name brand ones... just get them on amazon. You'll pay $8 per blade on amazon while stores will charge you well over $20 and sometimes $30.

Denso Designer. Part numbers 160-31** (the last two digits are the wiper size, so a 19-inch wiper would be 160-3119). They are a hybrid-style wiper made in Japan by NWB.

An eBay seller also has NWB standard wipers, part number 27-0** (last two digits being the wiper size, so the pn for a 19-inch wiper is 27-019)

My next choice would be Goodyear standard wipers (NOT the Assurance beam-style) (part number starting with 728-**, so the pn for a 19-inch wiper is 728-19). These are American-made.

Change them annually.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
The dart needs new wiper blades. What brand do you guys prefer is like them to last about a year or 15-20,000 miles. What do you guys like for price and value?

OEM or BOSCH.

Another vote for BOSCH. I tried a half dozen different blades from the cheapest to $25 a blade "high tech" units. The BOSCH blades are in another league in comparison. Will never use anything else.

I've had the best luck with OEM refills. Other than that, Bosch blades seem to,last the best out of the aftermarket stuff.

Trico Exact Fit - work well for a year (they are listed on some top ranking sites) and low cost enough where I can change them every Spring when the rain starts ...
Have tried wipers 2x the cost - were not 2x as good ...

I've had Rain-X Latitudes last for years. Scotty Kilmer recommends silicone blades.

REV UP YOUR ENGINES!!

Silicone blades don't always work that well. I was leery of buying from overseas, but they were cheap enough so I experimented. They really have worked very well. My car is in a parking garage all day and my home garage at night so my original OEM rubber inserts lasted well over two years. These silicone inserts should last about twice that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back