Toyota Factory Fill???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok got a new Toyota 2GR-FE and was wondering of anyone knows if there are AW additives in Toyota FF like Honda? I usually dump the FF at 1000-1500 miles.

Toyota never mentions about special factory fill and they don't recommend keeping factory fill to full OCI as Honda, therefore I think Toyota factory fill isn't as special as Honda. you can change it out as soon as you like.

It's oil that good for a regular OCI. I have a 6yearold 1grfe that has no ill effects from going the first year on factory fill. It's your money though.

I ran the TGMO FF for 5k in my Sienna with a 2gr-fe. Stayed with TGMO 0w-20 or M1 0w-20 at 5k OCI until 34k miles. Did a couple of UOA's in that time and the oil could have gone longer.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Toyota never mentions about special factory fill and they don't recommend keeping factory fill to full OCI as Honda, therefore I think Toyota factory fill isn't as special as Honda. you can change it out as soon as you like.

Where does Toyota recommend not going full OCI on FF? Our '14 RAV4 was specified to go the full 10K OCI on FF, in the manual and with the Toyota Care program. Do the v6s have a different OC protocol from the I4s?

I couldn't do it, changed FF at 5K and Toyota changed it at 10K.

Was the 2GR-FE attached to a vehicle or did you just buy the motor? ;7)

My Toyota Care plan has a 5000 OCI with 0w20. It's a 2016 Avalon.

Last edited:
Run factory fill to 5K & follow your oil life monitor with an approved oil afterwards.

But whatever floats your boat... I like to keep it simple & it keeps my engines happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back