What is this radio modulating sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas. I've heard this kind of radio modulating sound several times in my car radio, ramdomly. That's in the apresentation linked, between 1:42:55 and 1:43:05. Any body knows what it is? They are always the same to me...

https://youtu.be/ivnUv9gT2lA

Thanks.

I suspect some tinfoil got very close to the microphone, or something like that.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I suspect some tinfoil got very close to the microphone, or something like that.
wink.gif

It may have fallen out of a hat.

Originally Posted By: peejaycruiser
It's from a mobile phone.

+1. That is the transmitter in a very nearby GSM phone being picked up by an imperfectly shielded audio amplifier.

Ok, so my car radio is getting GSM (search?) signals. Maybe from towers, because I've also heard it without any cell phone inside or having a nearby car. I will put a tin foil around it. Thanks.

Last edited:
It could be occurring at the radio station and being broadcast already mixed into their signal. In that case there's nothing you can do at your end.

Yes, but occurs when I use tape, also. I believe my radio captures. Original Ford 1995 Taurus. Other cars I don't recall hearing this sound at all.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

It may have fallen out of a hat.

Yep, that was my first suspicion.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back