Sure Filter 2821A C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered several 3614 types for the mower from RA. Fram Pros, Champs and UP. All good but the Ultrapowers, wrong size. With the 51348 number I thought it might be a Wix type but no such luck. Too bad because they appear to be pretty decent other than the efficiency being unknown. Media was about the toughest I've cut out of any filter. If they were the correct size I'd use them even being 10 YO.

23h2ir9.jpg

2f06csi.jpg

2dmik37.jpg

2nqe8gi.jpg

2vwfuoz.jpg

708efs.jpg

e62k3r.jpg

e8wy1e.jpg

So RA slaps an Ultra Power 51348 sticker on a Sure Filter application, which 'should be' the correct Wix xref for the 3614/10241 application, but it's on the WRONG SF filter application. This is an example of a complete RA Ultra Power application listing FAIL.

Looking said filter, 10 years old, I 'might' use it on a lawn mower application too. My vehicles, not so much. Not with all the other reasonably priced readily available reputable known quantity applications out there. Of course, moot points in this specific case since it wouldn't fit anyway.

Thanks for pics.

The Toyota 90915-yzzD1 is the same size and thread. I used a Toyota filter on my mower, seemed to work very well. I haven't seen a torn or defective one show up yet, which is more than can be said for a lot of brands these days. They are also fairly cheap.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
So RA slaps an Ultra Power 51348 sticker on a Sure Filter application, which 'should be' the correct Wix xref for the 3614/10241 application, but it's on the WRONG SF filter application. This is an example of a complete RA Ultra Power application listing FAIL.

Looking said filter, 10 years old, I 'might' use it on a lawn mower application too. My vehicles, not so much. Not with all the other reasonably priced readily available reputable known quantity applications out there. Of course, moot points in this specific case since it wouldn't fit anyway.

Thanks for pics.

Yep, RA must have some real winners working for them. Here's a pic of a seal from a 3614 over the top of the 2821A. I wonder how many of these filters made it on engines and caused them to grenade after the oil leaked out.

mc3urm.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Before I made my previous post I went and did some research on the topic filter size sent, PH2951. I noted same thread pitch but significantly different sealing gasket size, ie., not interchangeable. I get that the UP listing can include about anything, but at least send the correct application size.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
^^^ Before I made my previous post I went and did some research on the topic filter size sent, PH2951. I noted same thread pitch but significantly different sealing gasket size, ie., not interchangeable. I get that the UP listing can include about anything, but at least send the correct application size.

I gave the other to a friend for his mower. The filter flange on his engine doesn't have a step so these fit just fine even with the smaller seal.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Here's a pic of a seal from a 3614 over the top of the 2821A. I wonder how many of these filters made it on engines and caused them to grenade after the oil leaked out.

mc3urm.jpg

Strange, never seen a 'double gasket' setup like that.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: funflyer
Here's a pic of a seal from a 3614 over the top of the 2821A. I wonder how many of these filters made it on engines and caused them to grenade after the oil leaked out.

Strange, never seen a 'double gasket' setup like that.

The outer seal is one I took from a 3614 to use for reference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back