C&P Amsoil EAO24 filter

CoO is Mexico. A couple people in my previous thread asked for a C&P of the filter, so here it is. It was also a major pain in the ass trying to cut through the canister without a bench vise.

Filter media:

FPEn9tC.jpg

Silicone ADBV:

MbFHOyU.jpg

wire mesh:

n3nlCdF.jpg

Adhesive at bottom of media:

fSvV0FE.jpg

No bypass on this filter. Appears to be well made, a bit much adhesive on the bottom and top, but I don't see any reason to not run this filter.

Last edited:
For the price of this AMSOIL filter you'd expect better quality . Should get a metal crimp for the media at the high cost . The cheapest FRAM gets one .

Last edited:
For the price of this AMSOIL filter you'd expect better quality . Should get a metal crimp for the media at the high cost . The cheapest FRAM gets one .
I agree. It wasn't a cheap buy. Amsoil filters for my 565 will not be my first choice with cheaper options out there. I'll be hoarding FS5 Titaniums until I run out, then will switch to Baldwin B6 filters.

Doesnt look bad for a made in mexico filter. Can you show us the baseplate? Thanks for sacrificing a sample to verify build quality. The dome should have a print showing the date of mfg too.

Thanks. I would have used it first by trusting AMsoil's description of the construction.

Is the screen a Hi Temp polymer or steel wire? Did you open the seam to expose the screen?

- Ken

Thanks. I would have used it first by trusting AMsoil's description of the construction.

Is the screen a Hi Temp polymer or steel wire? Did you open the seam to expose the screen?

- Ken

I didn't cut the media open, but the wire mesh is definitely steel.

Back