Purolator One and Puro Boss 14006 "Not Cut Open"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up these two filters a couple days ago. Figured I'd share some pics. I also threw in an older Puro Synthetic for comparison.

Date Codes:
Boss:

One:

Louvers:
Boss:

One:

Baseplates: It was tough to get a good pic of these.
Boss:

One:

Thoughts:
Boss:
I couldn't get a good pic of the baseplate on the Boss, but I do see where it could be a possible issue. The difference in the weight is drastic! That baseplate on the Boss is hefty! Much heavier of a filter than either of the other two in the pics.
One:
I will probably run the One for my next OCI. I like the 99% at 20 microns info from ZeeOSix and I think the louvers are nicely opened without any that appear unopened. I like the baseplate design which upon close inspection of the oval holes I don't believe would cause any ADBV tearing. Finally, using my speedperks reward I paid about $3.60 for this filter!

Maybe it's my eyes, but there is a difference in space from the center on the oval holed ones, compared to the round holes on the Boss. The round holes are closer in at their edge. Check for cuts on the adbv on the Boss, the assembly machinery apparently is reaching in too far and cutting the rubber right through IMO. Probably a teething problem with a new design I would say.
Question is, why did they mess with the oval holes when there hasn't been problems?

It also looks like there is some variability in how far open the louvers are. However, this could also be the nature of trying to get a good picture. I have had issues trying to get good pictures of the interior of the center tube before.

I like the base plate design on the ONE better than the BOSS. The oval holes do seem farther down from the center hole than the round holes are on the BOSS, which could be why the ADBV gets cut. Those sharp edged holes are up close to the center hole and start contacting the ADBV.

Originally Posted By: bandz7
I will probably run the One for my next OCI. I like the 99% at 20 microns info from ZeeOSix and I think the louvers are nicely opened without any that appear unopened. I like the baseplate design which upon close inspection of the oval holes I don't believe would cause any ADBV tearing. Finally, using my speedperks reward I paid about $3.60 for this filter!

Yep ... of the 3 models, the ONE has the best efficiency. And seems to have the better base plate design also.

Link to the Info Give to Me by Purolator [LINK]

That is a nice paint on the new puros. Must cost more than the guts of the filter.

Actually the paint job on those filters are nicer than some top end new cars..

I would not be using them on anything i service no matter how pretty they look on the outside. That glue job looks a little wonky..

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
...Yep ... of the 3 models, the ONE has the best efficiency. And seems to have the better base plate design also...

If I buy/use one again, it will be the ONE. Of course it will be with inspection first. Looks fine. And IF the efficiency info accurate, similar to old P1, it's good.

Thanks to the OP for the comparo pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back