Ford Focus wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife had an accident today with the Focus. Front right fender, hood, bumper cover, grill, headlight, and other misc parts will have to be replaced, however that may total out the car. Should find out in the next few days. No injuries, thankfully.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Glad to hear she's ok. Any pics? Was she at fault?

She was, but the police did not give her a ticket.

Don't discount injuries yet. Sometimes the real aches and pains don't show up for days or even weeks later.

Cars are replaceable; human life isn't.

If it turns out to be a total, be aware that the first settlement offer the insurance company makes is just that: an offer! Memorize this: "I maintained the vehicle like a 747; other Focuses are not comparable".

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Wreck pics please! Also, the car sounds fixable.

Thanks for all the kind words. The car is fixable, but how that shakes down with the value of the car compared to the cost to repair it still remains to be seen.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Up, up, and away! Not a helium balloon; the insurance payments....

It is inevitable...

Well at least no one involved in the accident including those in the other vehicle were hurt.

I'd like to see the pictures of the accident as well. It does sound like the car is still repairable and would probably be a decent driver, if the repairs were done correctly.

Last edited:
Glad the wife is good. Sucks you think it is totaled but you should be able to find another one pretty easy. A wife? Not so much.

Being a 9 year old Focus with 155k+, I guarantee its totalled. There's likley more damage that cant be seen. This was the case with my 3 year old Mazda3 with only 58k.

Glad the Mrs is ok.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Thanks for all the kind words. The car is fixable, but how that shakes down with the value of the car compared to the cost to repair it still remains to be seen.

Maybe insurance will be somewhat kind. It's not exactly a high mileage car. You want to see a lowball offer, total off a taxi sometime.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Any news on what will happen with the car?

Glad everyone is alright, car did its job!

Thanks again.
The Focus is going into the shop this Wednesday. Of course there is always the possibility further damage will be found once they get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back