Continental Control Contact Sport AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Discount today to replace the tires on the 2010 Mustang GT. On my last two Mustangs I have used the Kumho ASX or Yokohama YK 580. The above Continentals were on sale so I decided to give them a try. Any of you have experience with this tire?

The Control Contact Sport AS is a DT exclusive private label version of the old DWS (NOT the new DWS06). So anything about the DWS applies to your Control COntacts
smile.gif

Texas? all season tire? madness!

but really if what slacktide says is true, that they're re branded DWS you should be in good shape. My sister has the older DWS on her car, and they've been great in all but the deepest snow. I have the newer DWS06 on my caliber and love them so far (no snow with them yet, but they'll see some this winter).

My 08 Mustang has bfgoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2s.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
Went to Discount today to replace the tires on the 2010 Mustang GT. On my last two Mustangs I have used the Kumho ASX or Yokohama YK 580. The above Continentals were on sale so I decided to give them a try. Any of you have experience with this tire?

It's a little late, but I still think I should point out how to buy tire from Discount Tire.

Discount Tire usually has several sale occasions a year on major holidays such as: Memorial Day, Labor Day, July Fourth, Black Friday ...

Buying a set of 4 tires on these sale days using their credit card with manufacture rebate may save you up to $200 or more.

I bought a set of Kumho Solus TA-71 last Memorial Day(2 weeks ago), it costed $390 installed but with a total rebate of $195 my out of pocket was less than $200.

If at all possible wait for 1 of big holiday sales, you can save some good $.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back