Help finding specific oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy some Redline 5W-40 and be done with it, since you want to run a boutique oil just to be different.

Or Castrol 0W-40 as suggested above.

Hahaha all the comments :p I ended up buying a 5L of Liqui Moly 5W40 instead. Sorry for the guys who told be to get 10w40 and 0w40 but my manufacturer manual said to NEVER change oil weight. Even the forums for my car says so. I have a Genesis coupe 2.0T. I don't know why but I get lifter tick or piston tap when I use 5w20 and 5w30. Napa guy suggested Liqui Moly because it's a great german oil. I manly just wanted the best oil out there. I even contacted Pennzoil for info on their Euro Ultra version. My car always is loud with Pennzoil and I don't know if that shoulf worry me. My car has 88K KM and I wamt to keep it as long as I can. I just love this car. The compression as I told earlier is really high so my oil get abused pretty fast. I went with Vw oil ratinh system because a lot of audi's and Volkswagen cars has the 2L turbo configuration. That's why.

Note: While I was at NAPA I purchased a 300ml can of Cera Tec. I'm going to try it out and see if it works. If it doesn't I'll just stop using it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Justin251
You're never supposed to put European oil in an Asian car.

No one ever told you?

Are you sure ?
confused2.gif
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Mickxalix
Hahaha all the comments :p I ended up buying a 5L of Liqui Moly 5W40 instead. Sorry for the guys who told be to get 10w40 and 0w40 but my manufacturer manual said to NEVER change oil weight.

You do realize that your OEM tends to do some pretty bizarre, incoherent wording when it comes to oil recommendations. It tells you never to change the oil weight, yet it offers choices in oil weight. I fail to see how a 5w-30 or a 5w-40 is okay, but a 0w-40 is not.

I can see one being hesitant about a 20w-50 or a 0w-20. But, if one is willing to use a 5w-40, a 0w-40 is essentially interchangeable. Did you get the oil at NAPA, and was it at least priced semi-sensibly? They still have EcoBoxes of Pennzoil Euro 5w-40 on special.

That's why I made my comment. He obviously has no idea what part of 5w40 and 0w40 is the weight of the oil.

So does your manufacturer manual say to add additives to the oil?

Hahaha all the comments :p I ended up buying a 5L of Liqui Moly 5W40 instead. Sorry for the guys who told be to get 10w40 and 0w40 but my manufacturer manual said to NEVER change oil weight. Even the forums for my car says so. I have a Genesis coupe 2.0T. I don't know why but I get lifter tick or piston tap when I use 5w20 and 5w30. Napa guy suggested Liqui Moly because it's a great german oil. I manly just wanted the best oil out there. I even contacted Pennzoil for info on their Euro Ultra version. My car always is loud with Pennzoil and I don't know if that shoulf worry me. My car has 88K KM and I wamt to keep it as long as I can. I just love this car. The compression as I told earlier is really high so my oil get abused pretty fast. I went with Vw oil ratinh system because a lot of audi's and Volkswagen cars has the 2L turbo configuration. That's why.

Note: While I was at NAPA I purchased a 300ml can of Cera Tec. I'm going to try it out and see if it works. If it doesn't I'll just stop using it.

Yep.

Just don't like it. It's stupid but that how I feel about that oil. Too overused by many people. I like unique stuff and to support other companies that would like the money. It's stupid i know but it's how I roll.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: shanneba
Have you seen this one?
http://www.eneos.us/products/eneos-fully-synthetic-motor-oil/eneos-5w-40/

The bottle photo says A3/B4, which is an HTHS over 3.5.

The "blurb" says GF-5, which an A3/B4 oil is never going to attain.

And the linked data sheet IS for GF-5...but only for the 0W20, 5W20, and 5W30...doesn't list the 5W40...it's a mistake.

Is it just weird like us in the States get? A breaking ball.

40wts are split into differing categories here. One is for cars like 0-40, 10w-40 then on the upper end there is a straight 40, 20w-40 and 15w-40 intended for heavy diesels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back