How to adjust ride trim - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Hyundai Genesis Coupe it has always pulled to the right. Over several alignments and several sets of tires the right rear always wears out first.

The Hyundai trouble shooting sheet ends with check ride trim.

With the drivers seat loaded with weight the car sits almost a 1/2" lower at the drivers front wheel than the other three. The other three area all pretty close to the same, within 1/8".

What would be the best way to raise just that corner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring the car to a good alignment shop . It is worth paying for the experienced techs.

Check the suspension thoroughly to rule it out or you'll chase alignment forever.
After that, have the alignment done while you sit in the car or if they won't allow you to do so put sandbags equal to your weight in the drivers seat.

I do have the alignment done when sitting in the car or they put in an employee close to my weight.

I measured the 4 wheel arches both with and without weight. When unloaded it is quite a bit off, when loaded three corners are very close and the drivers front is 7/16" lower.

It has been aligned several times and the first time by the dealer. Dealer said it was in spec so they were happy. I wasn't.

I was thinking of a some 7/16" shims between the subframe and the body on the drivers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back