2003 Toyota Camry Suspension Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the starter wasn't that bad, but it's a pita i don't wnat to deal with again, and there's the cost of the part again, my starter currently is really good and every start is a strong start. i replaced my battery half a year abgo with the starter, and you could notice the starts weren't as strong and it barely started but that could have been due to the battery, it was an energizer from sam's club, now it's a duracell from sam's which I heard was made from east penn, which I hear is good and better than a johnson controls battery

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Do quick struts really save you money? The only part that wears out is the inner the gas-filled tube. Why not just buy these inner tubes and have them replaced at a cheap shop?
IMO, the answer is a definite "Maybe." The Camry (and Lexus clone) and Corollas are notorious for developing upper mount issues with aftermarket quick-struts. Reported frequently at ToyotaNation and ClubLexus. This happens with Moog, KYB, and the cheaper Chinese options now popping up.

I put Gabriel Readymount quick struts on a 3rd gen Camry, and they were fine. Got over 10k out of them and they still seemed to be perfect after getting rid of the car for other reasons. But nothing to suggest the quick struts were junk, and they'd most likely last at least 50k.

The premium Monroe, Gabriel, KYB (and now Sachs) quick struts are good quality stuff. Some earlier Monroe quick atruts had under-torqued top nuts, but they fixed the issue. Also, Monroe and Gabriel offer a lifetime warranty, which covers the entire quick strut and every component.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
LoL. I sure hope they don't ban you from BITOG. You provide good entertainment.

X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

He only posts in this thread, and the Taurus one. When you click on either of those threads you should know what you're getting yourself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back