2000 Camry V6 - In need of strut recommendations please

That depends on quality control. Sachs follows manufacturers. BMW, VW/Audi etc. all make cars in Mexico. Suppliers will follow car manufacturers.
Are the shocks that they make for cars that are no longer produced (like my old Camry) built to the same standards as their current manufacturing standards for car brands? Genuine question.

Are the shocks that they make for cars that are no longer produced (like my old Camry) built to the same standards as their current manufacturing standards for car brands? Genuine question.
I cannot tell you that. They are definitely premium shocks. I have Bilstein on my BMW bcs. upgrade in performance, but for example, I used Sachs shock mounts in front, and I track car.

Just wanted to update this post and say thank you to everyone for the great advice. As I get older, time is precious to me and also my safety. With that said, I decided to go with the KYB strut plus units. I’m going to double check the top nut on all 4 of them just to make sure I don’t have any squeaks and creaks later on.

Billy’s are not available for my car =(
Tokico used to make performance dampers for Gen 3/4/5 Camry, I haven't seen a new set since pre pandemic 😳

Gen 6+ had a TRD strut assembly available, God knows if there's any left

When I was 18 and stupid, I thought about TRD lowering springs (they were available at the time)
I settled for the TRD rear sway bar 🏁

If you want to add a front strut brace, stroll through your local salvage yards and look for similar vintage Solaras
They had a factory front sway bar that's easily modified to fit
Maybe find a supercharger kit and the TRD body kit, make your own fast Camry 👌👍
1699854460763.jpg

Tokico used to make performance dampers for Gen 3/4/5 Camry, I haven't seen a new set since pre pandemic 😳

When I was 18 and stupid, I thought about TRD lowering springs (they were available at the time)

If you want to add a front strut brace, stroll through your local salvage yards and look for similar vintage Solaras
Uh oh, my wife is gonna be pissed that I learned this just now 🤣

I saw those but don’t know about their quality or longevity.
As good as the rest of the aftermarket stuff. I used to live upstate Ny plenty of road salt etc my friend had the struts on his odyssey van they held up well. I had the shocks on my f150 they were great the ride was really nice. A long with some other suspension work it handled well also for a twin tube shock.

View attachment 188295

Tokico went out of business.

Monroe's are my go to but there are different tiers. I often hear complaints but I've always opted for their above basic line. I've had success with them but I've not tried kyb though. 🤔

Back