Nokian eNTYRE and Rotiiva HT, AT opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

Has anyone had any experiences with these tires? I have always heard good things about Nokians and have found some good online deals for them.

I am looking for a good set of all weather tires for our 2008 4WD Jeep Commander:

http://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-entyre/

http://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-ht/

http://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at/

The eNTYRE looks like it may not be aggressive enough for good snow performance. The AT looks like it is probably more aggressive than we need. I am leaning toward the HT as a compromise but there are very few online reviews for this one.

Thanks for any thoughts on these.

Andrew S.

From what I understand the Rotiiva replaced the Vatiiva in the Nokian lineup. The Vatiivas were some of the best tires I hae run in the snow.

I have entyres as summer tires on my sienna. They don't wear very well and are noisy. Took a few tries to get them balanced properly as well. They are a 3 season tire at best. I wouldn't buy them again.

Last edited:
I think the eNTYRE is off my list because the tread isn't aggressive enough and I have read other reports of balance and out of round issues. The HT looks good but reviews are almost nonexistent out there.

the Rotiiva AT are considered to be "all-weather" tires, so they would have the mountain-snowflake (like say, the WR G3 SUV)

The Rotiiva HT & enTYRE are "all-season" which do not have mountain-snowflake.

If you want year-round traction, go with the Rotiiva AT (or maybe if WR G3 SUV is available also)

Well, after doing more research, reading the comments here and reading reviews online I just ordered 4 of the Rotiiva AT 245/65-17 for $498 total (no tax and free shipping). I think that $124.50 is a great price for that tire. The reviews that I read confirmed that these are better for areas that see any significant snow (which we certainly do in northeastern PA) and that they are a good all season tire (also not noisy and most report good tread longevity).

Thanks for the input - I will report my initial feedback once they have a few miles on them.

Andrew S.

I had the enTyres on my Jetta and they seemed ok. No balance issues, only wear issue was feathering, but that was due to the car.

Not a snow tire but as far as all seasons went, no better / no worse than others. Was also the longest lived tire I had on that car, got 40 or 50k out of a set. I was relatively impressed at the end, but decided the extra cost wasn't worth it.

Update:

After a week of driving on the Nokian Rotiiva AT tires I am happy. For an aggressive all-season, they are quiet and handle very well. The set of 4 price of $498 including shipping and no tax was great from an Ebay seller. Even with carry-in mounting and balancing at Wal-Mart (who did a great job) my total cost was about $141 a tire.

We will see how they do in the snow next winter but I am confident that that they will be great based on the tread design and Nokian's reputation for snow performance. So far so good...

Andrew S.

Originally Posted By: dnastrau
Update:

After a week of driving on the Nokian Rotiiva AT tires I am happy. For an aggressive all-season, they are quiet and handle very well. The set of 4 price of $498 including shipping and no tax was great from an Ebay seller. Even with carry-in mounting and balancing at Wal-Mart (who did a great job) my total cost was about $141 a tire.

We will see how they do in the snow next winter but I am confident that that they will be great based on the tread design and Nokian's reputation for snow performance. So far so good...

Andrew S.

Sounds like good tires. I've narrowed it down to them or the multi-mile Wild Country XTX Sport for the CRV. The tire shop actually runs the multi-miles on their service trucks year round, but they said the Rotiiva AT would be a bit quieter. I wish I could get a set for $500 though, in Canada Nokian has decided not to sell online.

We have eTyre 2's on several vehicles: great performance and they cost less than the Michelins we bought previously.

We have Hakka R2 SUV winter tires [18" rims] on our 2016 Tahoe, plan to replace the stock 275/55R20 tires with the Rotiiva AT once winter is over and the R2's come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back