The new super tech st3980 has louvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seriously does.

Lol. Just next to the seam of the center tube. Just wanted to make crazy have a stroke.

I also bought the one purolator for my suburban that wasn't dented and that had louvers. They were only clearanced to $2.50 at my Walmart. And just to clarify on the louvers they are a double row with one pointing towards the baseplate and one towards the dome. So it probably has more area than the holes. And FYI they also have rotella filters that look puro and have the louvers.

If they get confused that easily the deserve to be confused.

I posted the puro pic for the date code since it is a louvers day classic that is supposed the the new style media or whatever in the old can. I couldn't get a pic of the interior since the center tube is larger diameter than the wix/st.

Last edited:
I've seen other filters which were from the same company, but had different designs, from e-core to Wix to purolator designs with the same house name on them. Even Champion Labs makes a couple of different designs in filters. Then you add to that Walmart changes contracts every time they get a better deal, and it's hard to tell. From what I've seen, (and I've used a bunch of the older black ST filters), they're all pretty decent filters. Maybe not Fram Ultras, but good solid filters at a price that's hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I hope that post doesn't confuse anyone, if they didn't read the text clearly they would think that the Supertech filter is a Purolator
Well...Mann & Hummel recently bought Wix, & the new ST is clearly similar to a NAPA Silver & O'Reilly Microguard, so it's a VERY close relative!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Crazyoildude started a trend.

Louverphobia ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Crazyoildude started a trend.

Louverphobia ...
laugh.gif

If it does become a trend, I nominate it for the 'most ridiculous BITOG trend ever' award. And that's saying something.... :-/

Originally Posted By: car51
that's odd as the ST 3614'S I got have holes in the center tube. very odd

Look close and read close. There is only a row of them by the seam. The rest are holes.

Oil filter "FLO" ... so easy that even a cave man could understand it.

she-has-a-crush-on-the-caveman.jpg

Quote:
Got that right sayjac without flow its over! lol

I understand that there are meds that can help with any flow issues. The generic being less expensive.
grin2.gif
And Zee, that dude next to Flo looks a little crazy.
56.gif

cheap-flomax-online.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
Got that right sayjac without flow its over! lol

I understand that there are meds that can help with any flow issues. The generic being less expensive.
grin2.gif
And Zee, that dude next to Flo looks a little crazy.
56.gif

cheap-flomax-online.gif

LoL ...
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back