Oil for A14Net in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The YouTube videos of Russian car crashes are absolutely horrific. I have been driving sixty two years and have never seen an automobile accident that bad in all my years. It;s almost like some Russian drivers have a death wish. They seem to have an affinity for hitting heavy trucks head on with such force that their vehicle explodes. I can only imagine what the occupants look like.Forget the open casket funeral service.Dive safe Rostov-on-Don.

The dash cams provide some good internet amplification, but I would definitely be interested in comparing some statistics between different jurisdictions. We have had some grisly scenes on Canadian highways, though, and fortunately either Youtube's policies or people's common sense have kept the worst out of these compilations.

I have friends who visit Moscow from time to time. They did say many drivers drive excessively fast and seem unable to anticipate what other drivers may do.

That kind of bares out what we see on the YouTube videos.

All good information - thanks so much
smile.gif
Welcome aboard and keep after us, we'll do what we can ...

Much of what we hear and see about Russia is filtered through a political lens
frown.gif

We are, after all, neighbors with a common border. For some USA citizens Russia is no further away than Canada or Mexico ... How about we try to work on that ... Howdy Neighbor
smile.gif

Oil performance is influenced a lot by the operating temperatures it sees. The best motors control all this with the cooling system (including liquid cooled turbos). The worst have all air cooling and oil temps all over the place ...

If you live in the north and it is cold/cool mostly, you can drop down a bit in viscosity and it'll be easier to start and run with a bit thinner oil. Since the air temps are lower, the crankcase will bleed off some temp and the turbo may run a bit cooler...

If you are in the south and you see Mediterranean temps, the oil may need to be a bit thicker. So we need to know more about extreme and average air temps for the period of one oil change?

Political war ... tired. as the TV shows only what they want policies.
It is interesting to share another thing:
The situation in Ukraine for the people of Russia remains a great mystery, the feeling that people in Ukraine hypnotized.
Many family ties between Russia and Ukraine .. And I saw terrible things when the brother, who lives in Ukraine, said about her brother from Russia that it is very bad and they are not brothers, and renounces relative .. The reason for this is not known. .. and learn that either does not work ... people like zombies repeat the same thing - the enemies, the enemies ... who think that they are programmed ...
A climate in my city is temperate continental. ..
Summer (from + 25 / + 35 ° C) (+ 77 / + 95F) usually + 25C (77f)
It happens rarely under strong heat but it does not last long 40C (104f)
In winter, the winter temperature in the ground (-3 / + 3 ° C) (+ 26 / + 37F). there are cold winters (-20 / - 25 ° C) (-4 / -13F)
I think that in the California climate is hot if you compare with the Rostov region. In California cars GM used dexos1 5-30 HTHS = 2.9.
And for us to recommend dexos2 5w-30 HTHS >= 3.5
sae on the viscosity of these oils are the same ..

Yes, watching the videos, regardless of where they're from, is a good learning experience for everyone. Usually, you can see right away that someone is doing something rather foolish, and it winds up costing them and someone else in short order.

One of the main problems in Russia is the lack of traffic police. Many drivers Aggressive, unbalanced and arrogant, did not prevent them to go as they want. Speeding, failure to use turn signals, sharp rebuild - it's very common on the roads. Video from youtube certainly indicative, but few of this makes conclusions for themselves.It all depends on the person if he is crazy life, YouTube it will not change him.

Last edited:
Police have now more and more stringent checks on the roads!
Every day, good, polite, obey the traffic rules more! It may last some began to understand that the country is all of us ..
one stole from the state, the other [censored], the third still something done ..
And suffer all residents ..
In the early 90s it was considered cool to steal from the state ..
and now there [censored] think so .. but do not realize that today he stole and walk, and tomorrow he will get into an accident because of the pits on the road or it will not receive a pension or Food Stamp assistance due to lack of (stolen budget) .. all will be well, when one stops to pull yourself all that he sees, and stop [censored] where to eat ..

Incidentally I heard that the US build one kilometer four-lane road costs about $ 4-5 million. and in Russia the same way costs about $ 12 million. and the road built specifically so that a year had it repaired and replaced every five years ..
Putin gradually improve the situation, the culture grows .. but the year 90s caused great economic and cultural damage that hard and long to make up ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back