Advice on WIFES ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: Garak
It's not about scaring anyone.
wink.gif
I'm just saying you don't want to go to a judge in the city and hope to get your fine decreased by appearing in court. He'll make sure you don't want to save a stamp next time.

I was never irritated by people showing up; we always cut them more than enough slack if they were polite and reasonable. That said, if someone acted like a jerk then all bets were off. One time a guy mailed in a ticket payment along with a terse note explaining that he was innocent but that the system was rigged and everyone was crooked. I had the clerk refuse payment and sent an order requiring his appearance because I couldn't take money from an innocent man. Boy, he was really steamed after that...

I got an ada in trouble once. A smart but off duty cop called a state trooper to pull me over and ticket me for a 90 something pacing ticket. Then he wouldn't follow up and show for the trial. The Ada left a message on my answering machine to call him to confirm continuance because the off duty guy couldn't show. I picked up the phone then caught myself in an instant. Why should I help him? I showed for trial and they called jurors just for my trial. He asked judge for the continuance because he had no witness. She tore him a new butt in front of everyone. Told me I was free to go jury was free to go but she wanted him to stay for more. Nothing like a natural high like that.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Hey everyone so my wife got two tickets today and no argument from me she was probably driving like an idiot atleast to some degree. However she was pulled over for doing 90 in a 70 she said she was doing 80 which is what most people do on the highway she was on but I wasn't there idk. She didn't request to see the radar so who knows who is wrong or right. She also got a charge for cut in on overtaken vehicle. It's a 3 lane highway and she passed a guy who was doing 65 in the middle lane she said she went to the right lane passed him and then got back over in the fast lane. I usually pass on the left but never realized on the right was illegal ? My main question is is there a benefit having her go to court and talk to the judge and maybe get a lesser cost fine . We are looking at 400 dollars and I'm actually out of work for a couple weeks my boss broke my finger and now I'm at the mercy of the workers comp people.....terrific! And it's Christmas time so it couldn't have happened at a worse time. No argument on her being wrong but what would be the best way to go about it?

The best thing to do is go to Court and talk to the prosticulator oops prosecutor. See if you can plead guilty to a lesser offense. Court can go many ways.

I see this was around Christmas time, how did it turn out?

Originally Posted By: JustinH
The city I live in has had red light traffic cameras for years.

They are taking them down this week, because the only revenue was going to the camera light companies, also "public safety" was not improved at all.

Thirdly, Texas law will not allow red light camera tickets to be legally enforceable, so people were just not paying them with no consequences.

This is like one of a dozen-plus reasons I am moving to Texas. We need more righteous law areas like this.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

I got an ada in trouble once. A smart but off duty cop called a state trooper to pull me over and ticket me for a 90 something pacing ticket. Then he wouldn't follow up and show for the trial. The Ada left a message on my answering machine to call him to confirm continuance because the off duty guy couldn't show. I picked up the phone then caught myself in an instant. Why should I help him? I showed for trial and they called jurors just for my trial. He asked judge for the continuance because he had no witness. She tore him a new butt in front of everyone. Told me I was free to go jury was free to go but she wanted him to stay for more. Nothing like a natural high like that.

What comes around goes around, one of these times you're going end up in jail for your excessive speeding.

In one state I reside in if you are going faster than 80 MPH on any road you can have your butt placed in the slammer. If was a police officer or trooper, and pulled you over I'd place you under arrest and let you take that trip to jail.

Last edited:
I was never irritated by people showing up; we always cut them more than enough slack if they were polite and reasonable.

Most small town judges don't care, but the traffic court judges have a little less patience.

One time a guy mailed in a ticket payment along with a terse note explaining that he was innocent but that the system was rigged and everyone was crooked. I had the clerk refuse payment and sent an order requiring his appearance because I couldn't take money from an innocent man. Boy, he was really steamed after that...

That's right. The judges here would do the same thing. A guilty plea must be unconditionally guilty, not a guilty plea because you can't afford to find it, or a guilty plea because you don't feel like going through the hassle. It was always fun to see a conspiracy theorist before a judge in such a situation.

Here you will get a reduced fine if you pay up in (I think it's)
30 days.
If you take it to court, you will be out of the 30 day window. So will face the full fine if you are found guilty.

Police will often offer you a reduced ticket ie. " I could ticket you for Gross speeding for doing more than 30k over. But I"m going to give you a break, and write it for 20k"

I guess this is supposed to make you feel greatful and gladly pay.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

What comes around goes around,

Yep karma. We'll tally up all the negative stuff you've said about innocent people and sit back and wait for it to roll in. I can't wait. I'll gladly accept mine too.

Originally Posted By: expat
Here you will get a reduced fine if you pay up in (I think it's)30 days.

In this province, the discount only applies for parking tickets, and that can be pretty substantial.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Garak
It's not about scaring anyone.
wink.gif
I'm just saying you don't want to go to a judge in the city and hope to get your fine decreased by appearing in court. He'll make sure you don't want to save a stamp next time.

I was never irritated by people showing up; we always cut them more than enough slack if they were polite and reasonable. That said, if someone acted like a jerk then all bets were off. One time a guy mailed in a ticket payment along with a terse note explaining that he was innocent but that the system was rigged and everyone was crooked. I had the clerk refuse payment and sent an order requiring his appearance because I couldn't take money from an innocent man. Boy, he was really steamed after that...

Haha you need to come to Tx Turtle,we have a few highways with 85mph speed limits!!
laugh.gif
19.gif

Man I remember years ago I was dating this chick who lived three hours away. I'd get on I45 in my 3000GT and set the cruise control at 135mph
laugh.gif
Yes,I was VERY anxious to hurry and get to her if you know what I mean
wink.gif

lol,
a buddy of mine tell a story of getting 2 tickets from the same trooper on the same day,
first ticket in the morning going north bound on I-29 to his first date.
2nd ticket in the afternoon going south bound on I-29 (same stretch) to his 2nd date with different gal.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
lol,
a buddy of mine tell a story of getting 2 tickets from the same trooper on the same day,
2nd ticket in the afternoon going south bound on I-29 (same stretch) to his 2nd date with different gal.

He must not have had a date in a long time.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: stockrex
lol,

He must not have had a date in a long time.
smile.gif

;-),

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Sounds like karma at work. Was the trooper female?

Older male, the funny part was that the trooper did not remember him from the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back