Jet-Lube Silicone Dielectric Compound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought some of their moly compound for my brake job last summer. No issues to date, and it seemed pretty heavy duty. I will be trying out their silicone compound when I run out of MC XG3A next.

Super lube also works on urethane bushings.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-41150-Synthetic-Cartridge/dp/B0042FG74W/ref=pd_sim_328_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41s36L7A9kL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0MW8JH339XE053QDFNKA

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buck91
Bought some of their moly compound for my brake job last summer. No issues to date, and it seemed pretty heavy duty. I will be trying out their silicone compound when I run out of MC XG3A next.

Why did you need moly for a brake job?

My main experience with DM silicone grease has been with vacuum fittings. Does a good job in sealing, is persistent, and it takes a very long time for it to creep appreciably, which is a good thing in that application.

If your sway bar bushings are sealed somehow than go for it.

I use to apply silicone grease, admittedly a different brand, on the rubber bushings on my truck and found that it actually reduced the service life of them. The grease collected and held dust and dirt creating a grinding compound from what was once clean silicone grease, of course your application may be different.

Originally Posted By: gomes512
My main experience with DM silicone grease has been with vacuum fittings. Does a good job in sealing, is persistent, and it takes a very long time for it to creep appreciably, which is a good thing in that application.

If your sway bar bushings are sealed somehow than go for it.

I use to apply silicone grease, admittedly a different brand, on the rubber bushings on my truck and found that it actually reduced the service life of them. The grease collected and held dust and dirt creating a grinding compound from what was once clean silicone grease, of course your application may be different.

Thanks for your input. Interesting take. Most videos on youtube show people using silicone grease for split non-sealed sway bar bushings. Your experience seems to make sense. Maybe I will very lightly grease one and leave the other dry and see which lasts longer. I have used silicone grease for weather stripping. I use a light coat and work it into the rubber and wipe as much off as possible. It doesn't seem to collect dirt but it also isn't submitted to dirt on the undercarriage as the bushing will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back