Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine: Powertech 3.7 v6
Engine Mileage:169k mi.
Oil: M1 5W30 EP
Filter: Fram Ultra Xg3600
Oci: 13k mi.
Driving Style: 80 hwy/20 city

I forgot to post this oil analysis, and the jeep has been retired at 197k miles due to a crash.

lWODQXD.jpg

Oil run too long with oxidative thickening as a result.
Potassium remains low, so the excess sodium is likely a remainder from the Valvoline that looks to be the oil used before the 143K drain.
This oil was not good enough for the advertised 15K with this engine, as is often the case with M1 EP.

Oil is still in grade, metals are good and TBN still hanging on. I completely disagree with the above comments. What is a tad concerning is the Na, which may be residual from the Valvoline.

It's starting to thicken so I'd cut off the drain at this point and not go any further. It's not bad though.

So now you're agreeing with my comments with which you originally completely disagreed?

A friend is using M1 5-30EP in his Dodge van V6(130K) and doing 15K OCIs. So far his engine is clean and performing well. To date, no UOA.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
28,000 miles in 3-1/2 months? What do you do!?

Residential construction inspection for the us southeast region.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
So now you're agreeing with my comments with which you originally completely disagreed?

I agree with part of what you said. I don't think it's often the case with EP that 15k is not attainable. The oil is thickening, but it is still a 30 grade so techically 15k is doable here. I just wouldn't do it.

Originally Posted By: buster

I agree with part of what you said. I don't think it's often the case with EP that 15k is not attainable. The oil is thickening, but it is still a 30 grade so techically 15k is doable here. I just wouldn't do it.

The oil had thickened beyond a thirty grade and iron spiked noticeably.
How exactly would this oil have been capable of 15K?
It's only going to get worse with more miles of use.
The oil was past done at 13K.

A 30 grade is between 9.30-12.49 cSt, so no it is still 30 grade. Tbn of 2.7 shows it still has some life left. Not ideal, but 15k is doable. Tbn can hang around 2+ for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: buster

The oil had thickened beyond a thirty grade and iron spiked noticeably.
How exactly would this oil have been capable of 15K?
It's only going to get worse with more miles of use.
The oil was past done at 13K.

How can you say iron spiked(only 32 PPM) when the acceptable limit for iron is 150 PPM? Easily a 15K OCI oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back