2009 Ford Flex Coolant Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to let our Ford Dealer do the coolant flush on my wife's Flex. The service interval is 144 months or 144,000 kilometres, we are at 136,000km.

A bit early, but if it helps preserve the life of the waterpump (one of the hardest to access) then I am good. The Flex was a May 2009 build date, it has the dark green coolant with 12.5l capacity - extra large for the rear heating system.

I would normally do this myself, but the system is so large and we have a dog...don't want the hassle or risk. Dealer will do it for $ 156 CAD plus taxes.

Knock on wood, the 3.5L V6 not boosted! has been perfectly reliable so far. Hope I don't jinx it
crazy.gif

Should I ask them to check the ph of the old stuff ?

Why bother checking the PH since you already had or committed to having it drained? The manual specs a change so have it changed and keep driving it. Honestly, the 3.5 is bullet proof. My wife drives an Edge with the 3.5 and it been great as well. Your not even what I would consider high milage. I love the Flex btw style wise much more than the Edge but my wife can't drive anything big lol. After 17 years take that last comment anyway you want......it would still be correct. Haha

agreed. OP should do the test BEFORE taking the car in to have the change. could save himself some $$

...but you know what they say about a fool and his money

+1 on doing it before. I was going to say that but figured I'd try not to cause buyers remorse. But yes it's super east to test PH and also the freeze point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back