Poll: QSGB or MC synblend

Status
Not open for further replies.
QS...both oils meet the same specs but QS is cheaper and easier to find. Let me ask this...what is the advantage to go with MC? UOAs suggest it doesn't last longer or show better wear numbers.

Double haul: didn't you just decide on VWB for your truck?? Never had a issue with MC or the QSGB I used in the Jeep or my focus since I bought it at 31k. Considering at some point some MS5K after seeing DoubleWasp's UOA

I actually flipped at the last second and went with QSGB based on cost. Valvoline would be my choice if price was no issue based upon nothing other than good service Valvoline has provided in the past.

Yeah, at my Wal marts QSGB is $13.87 and VWB is like $15.97. I have never had any problems with QSGB either. Garak has way more experience with QSGB though
smile.gif

I'm always late to the party...I have posted two uoa's of QSGB used in my Taurus. Not only nice results but my engine has been very quiet while using it (for last 14K miles now).

One oci was 5100 miles in winter and other was 5900 miles in summer. Both showed lots of TBN left.

As someone who doesn't load up on oil during sales, I appreciate the fact that QSGB is a super quality oil for a good price every day.

Dustyroads: glad to hear you are safe and sound
smile.gif
. Yeah, and MS5K is like $14.16~ or whatever at Wal Mart. Think I'll take the flak and just use QSGB.

I just wish there was a real Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor in this town, instead of me relying on Walmart Canada and Canadian Tire, which is problematic, to say the least.

I vote MC blend. I use it in my 2014 Mustang GT and in my fiancee's 2007 Mustang GT.

I use Trop Artic blend in all of my other vehicles except my 98 K3500 with no problems.

QSGB for me simply because it is cheaper, and I can find the 5w-30 flavor at most stores. My local Walmart quit stocking MC 5w-30 5 quart jugs, and it's not available from their website either. My store only stocks the MC 5w-30 quart bottles. They have plenty of MC 5w-20 5 quart jugs.

I have 2004 hyundai with the 2.7 been running QSGB in it for 272k miles , couple of timing belts , set of injectors and 2 sets of spark plugs , clean reports from Blackstone speaks volumes for the oil

car was my company ride , for the first 200k pounding it it from chicago to Green Bay , Detroit and all over the midwest , then gave it to my daughter and she hasn't been able to kill it yet at college,
just my 2 cents worth
49.gif

QSAD is my default conventional when I need it, whether it be at WM or as part of an oil change special at a parts store, it's always a good value. I really think QSUD is the best bang for your buck synthetic out there too.

Considering the fact that the Motorcraft oil one would find on Walmart shelves is a semi-syn (blend), and that the QS was unspecified, I don't quite understand the original post. Is this against QSGB, or?

I have used both MC blend and QSGB but since one is a blend and one is a conventional... what is the meaning of the question?

It's apples and oranges.

~ Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back