Russian plane down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
IR lock?

forward looking radar and being attacked from the rear?

the patrolling planes are your allies?

Allies?

Engagement rules have changed in 2012, after Syria shot down Turkish F-4. So both countries could defend themselves if they violate their airspace, which means they see each other as a threat. So anything comes from the Syrian airspace, is a threat.

Russian plane obviously violated Turkish airspace, shot down in Turkish-Syrian airspace, and landed in Syria. NOT in Russian airspace, or in Black sea. Russians claim that the black box is "unreadable" (lol). That looks like Russian way of hiding the truth.

I hope, everything is clear now.

It's getting more interesting.

The turks are now blaming the government opposition of having ordered the shoot down...

First version there was an order from a member of parliament (forgot his name, but close to Erdogan), then the kill went autonomous because the orger couldn't have been given during the 17seconds of air space violation and now it was a plot by the opposition to disturb turkish/russian relations...

back pedalling?

Any proof for that? Or are you just following trolling twitter accounts, Russian propaganda channels like RT?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your background?

I was reading news articles on the net.

That news article was written in turkey actually...

I don't mind you asking about my background at all, but would like a more specific question.

Last edited:
I was reading news articles on the net.

That news article was written in turkey actually...

I don't mind you asking about my background at all, but would like a more specific question.

I don't think that's an official declaration. Not really sure if that's legit. You'd find tons of different opinions in every language. But let me tell you, it is almost impossible to find an unbiased news agency in Turkey. Half of them supports the government, and the other half supports the opposition parties (anti-government), including pro-kurdish ones.

In regards to the background question, it was not a proper answer but maybe you don't want to share in public. I totally respect, at least I guess where you from. All I can say to you is, I am not a fan of the current government either, but there's no reason to hate whole country or nation.

I don't think this'll be the end of it.

Will Turkey really enter syria to attack the Kurdish now they crossed the Euphrates? If so, I have no doubt Putin will defend them.

I guess you're talking about that area circled below.

20glmqb.jpg

It is called Jarabulus. Turkey doesn't want PYD (Syrian-Kurdish group supported by the Allies) in Jarabulus. As you see, yellow color is Kurdish area and they want to occupy Jarabulus to create a corridor from Iraqi Kurdistan to Mediterranean sea but it's against their interests. It is understandable since every country has its own politics and interests.

Another reason why Turkey doesn't want PYD in the region is, systematic ethnic cleansing is being carried out by PYD forces against Arab and Turkmen people living in Northern Syria to create a pure Kurdish population in the region. Guess where would those refugees (Arabs and Turkmens) go if they capture Jarabulus? Of course Turkey! More than three million refugees live in Turkey, which is more than some Balkan countries.

However, what I don't understand is, if it's against their interests and they don't want PYD in Jarabulus, they should have fought ISIS (I mean boots on the ground, not only air strikes) and they should have captured the city before PYD.

If PYD captures the city before the Turks, then it's too late for Turkey. I agree that Putin and the Allies would defend them.

I guess I'll put it here...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...l-a6842711.html

Quote:
In Syria the Russians have been conducting as many air strikes a day, up to 96, as the US-led coalition has carried out in a month. This is in marked contrast, Western military planners have noted, to how quickly Nato began to feel the strain when bombing Libya and Kosovo.

I don't know how the UsS campaign is funded, but alledgedly the Russian campaign cost comes out of the annual military budget and can be sustained at this level for YEARS. It's not going to take years though, most of Assads adversaries are using there reserves as it is. That's why we're hearing about several victories by Assads troops recently.

+I question
Originally Posted By: dgunay
IR lock?

forward looking radar and being attacked from the rear?

the patrolling planes are your allies?

Allies?

Engagement rules have changed in 2012, after Syria shot down Turkish F-4. So both countries could defend themselves if they violate their airspace, which means they see each other as a threat. So anything comes from the Syrian airspace, is a threat.

Russian plane obviously violated Turkish airspace, shot down in Turkish-Syrian airspace, and landed in Syria. NOT in Russian airspace, or in Black sea. Russians claim that the black box is "unreadable" (lol). That looks like Russian way of hiding the truth.

I hope, everything is clear now.

It's getting more interesting.

The turks are now blaming the government opposition of having ordered the shoot down...

First version there was an order from a member of parliament (forgot his name, but close to Erdogan), then the kill went autonomous because the orger couldn't have been given during the 17seconds of air space violation and now it was a plot by the opposition to disturb turkish/russian relations...

back pedalling?

Any proof for that? Or are you just following trolling twitter accounts, Russian propaganda channels like RT?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your background?
Consider the U.S. Mainstream media is a propaganda machine as well the truth is hard to come by.

http://arstechnica.com/information-techn...-isis-campaign/

Quote:
If you're wondering how much the war against the Islamic State is costing the US and why the Obama administration isn't ramping up its bombing campaign even more, consider this fact: from August 2014 to December 2015, the US military dropped $1.3 billion in smart bombs and other guided munitions on ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria, with air operations costing an average of about $11.2 million per day.

weren't the USAF running out of Mavericks last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back