I need some education. high rpm roller bearings..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a high performance enduro (05 Husqvarna TE450) and it has a roller bearing on the connecting rod. It spins to about 10000 rpm I think.

What should I be looking for in a motorcycle oil that caters to roller bearing longevity?

I did a search with no luck.

The owner manual calls for a 10w-60 since that engine runs hot as [censored].

From my experience I would use Motul 300V since it has a good amount of esters and the film sticks like crazy. And since it holds 1.8 quarts you won't go bankrupt either.

Remember to change the oil and filter at the recommended numbers of hours.

Ups...I tought that we are talking about two strokes (10.000 rpms)

Advice Will stay the same..Use higher grades...

The TE 450 is a 4 stroke, had to check myself.

The old Husky is Dead, value and parts are in decline.

The new KTM Husky is where the support is.

Last edited:
Not uncommon, Most dirt bikes use ball / roller bearings on the crank, trans,and sometimes cam bearings nearest the cam chain. Some older street bikes like my old Suzuki GS1000 has ball / roller bearings on the rods / mains. There are probably some specific favorable characteristics for these types of bearings, but I don't know what they are. Running the right weight, and changing it when you should is probably the most important.

Last edited:
Motul 300 10W-40 and Mobil 1, 10W-40 look to be exactly the same oil when you view the specs.

I'd choose Mobil 1, 20W-50 V-Twin oil.

I've got some 70's scooters run since new with both insert and caged bearings and just used 10-40 Havoline in all over many years with no issues with any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back