Lubro Moly mos2 or LubeGard Engine Protectant???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be using Lubegard's product with VWB this next OCI in my VX. I have too much oil stored to afford to continue the test in a scientific way, and honestly don't want to pay for new oil when I have more; so it'll be a one time thing though I do agree that'd be the best way to truly 'test' it long-term.

One OCI with, the next OCI without additive/same oil though; etc. Same oil filter, no change in the air intake, etc.

Drive same habits as much as possible, etc.

Will be doing this oil change towards the end of May, and have a report on it by the end of the year probably.

PS: This is an old thread, I no longer own the Stratus and I also no longer have concerns about MoS2 from Lubro Moly's product clogging a filtered, etc in my app with a full-flow filter and seeing as it is my Daily Driver.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I just used both products for a problem with my hydroboost. After a hot run when using both the brakes and the steering had alarming noises. I tried all kinds of fluid, then I tried MOS2 powder and got some relief but the noise came back in certain circumstances. So I tried lubegard, adding some to the fluid already treated with the MOS2 and now have almost no noise. I am happy to report that both together may help me get more time out of this old hydroboost. The brakes are stiffer than other vehicles with hydroboost but the noise was the more important concern to me.

Amsoil contains all the additives any engine should ever need.
Use your money to purchase more amsoil.

As far as the OP, it's far beyond that scope now. This is basically an obsolete thread regarding the use of either product in my current application(Civic) and now a PO(Stratus).

Dealing with a HG issue now on the Civic so it's cheaper oil and short intervals again.

Yes, I agree no sense in using these additives with Amsoil. That doesn't mean I won't try it for science or kicks. lol
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
First thing it is going to do is turn your pretty amber colored oil a funky color. If you want to try it with the SSO, go ahead. I don't think it will do any harm. But, I would not mix it with the Lubegard engine additive. Pretty soon you're a backyard chemistry major. The SSO is fully formulated, then you put MoS2 in there and that changes the formulation of the SSO, then you introduce a completely different additive in to it with the Lubegard product and wham-o, no one knows what you have in the engine now.

Big difference between the Lubegard and Lubro Moly, is the type of moly that's in it. The Lubegard has soluble/liquid moly in it as do most/but not all motor oils. The Lubro Moly is a powered moly that is mixed with a carrier oil (I believe it is a 10W-30).

What ever you do, follow the manufactures directions to the letter. Don't figure you know more than they do. Example, if you get the Lubro Moly MoS2 product, dump the whole can in there like they tell you to do.

I need to stop now and come up for air.

Take a glass beaker and mix all three. Tell us what it it looks like.

Originally Posted By: Russell
How long have you been using the Amsoil SSO 0W-30 in your two cars?

Why Wausau, WI. My daughter is there and sort of the opinion that it is too cold, with not much to do and is an unattractive city, especially when compared to Lexington, KY
wink.gif

We're way off topic here, but I will answer.

She is correct, it is way to cold for my taste. But as for as nothing to do or being unattractive, she must stay inside all the time. I've never been to Lexington so I cannot compare the two. But, I suggest your daughter get out more often and check these two sites. I will say this; spring, summer, fall, or winter, this is one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

Wausau Chamber of Commerce

Central WI Vistors Bureau

BTW, this was and still is my opinion not my daughters. IMO,Wausau architecture and city layout is rather ordinary looking. On the other hand the rural area is very nice, Just visted the Frank Lloyd Wright summer home Taliesin near Madison and that is one of the most attractive areas I have ever seen.

Last edited:
So I had the opportunity to pour 15oz LG Bio/tech to my cheapo bulk valvoline oil change and I noticed that the engine is now too quiet. I cannot even hear it rev. sort of gives me the feeling of "is it even working? " LOL

I have no experience with Lubro Moly mos2, but definitely with Lubegard Biotech. It makes my Honda VTEC rev effortlessly; that alone is worth it to me. What's more, it is quieter. Given these observations, Biotech has to be reducing friction and thus reducing wear -- and saving some fuel too. The worst-case net effect is breaking even on cost while enjoying a smoother and quieter driving experience.

For the G35, it has less that 26K miles, so the effects are less noticeable; however, I am suspecting that the Biotech has virtually eliminated the notorious 3.5VQ timing chain cold start rattle. More cold weather observation is needed to make a definite conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back