Mobil1 0W30 X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elite 222 is for applications that can handle a higher ash level, and the X1 is for Euro vehicles, with DPF, that limit how much ash an oil can have to protect emission system operation. If you don't have a vehicle that HAS to have the Euro spec, the Elite 222 will have a higher TBN, & will handle a longer OCI.

Yes, the SA of the 222 is around 1.0. That's sufficient for E7, E9, but TBN is still a little low for that designation, at about 7 or something like that. That's still likely higher than the X1, but not as big a difference as a true E7, E9 lube would be.

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
Our 2.1L Turbo Diesel Mercedes calls for this oil and it is on its second fill. At 25k, I did pour this oil into my Ram EcoDiesel. Last year we had three mornings that were under -20F and the truck struggled, so I wanted a 0w, rather than a 5w for this winter. Yes, I know that it is probably a little higher ash than is spec'd for the EcoDiesel, but I really don't care.

I don't really have any comments about the oil....other than the fact that the engines haven't seized up.

Yeah, cold start is my concern since when I ski I often start car at -20 or sometimes below that.
Although I think 5W30 ESP will do it at those temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back