Next James Bond film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
All I know is that I'm happy Idris Elba is not going to be the next Bond.

Nothing against him, but that would NOT be staying true to the original character developed in the novels. Bond should stay the same as described in the novels, as to basic physical description, to be authentic on screen.
If the character wasn't based on a series of novels, that would have been just fine for Elba to play Bond.

Elba playing Bond would be like Brad Pitt playing the prince from Zumunda in "Coming to America"

I am one of a few people who would agree. Nothing against anyone's origins. When they have a cultural or visual mismatch of a character, it's always goofy and stupid. I'm sure Donald Sutherland could deliver an excellent Mandela, but would be ridiculous.

Generally, these mashups tend to ruin the mythology as well in order to explain an identity that could not possibly fit with the existing mythology.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: CKN
Saw Spectre - entertaining, and just OK. Didn't like it as much as Skyfall.

I HATED the theme song. It was a mess - Bond theme songs should never be sung by a guy, IMO. NONE of the Bond theme songs by males sounded good, even in the past.

DC Still the best Bond for me. He will be hard to replace. Compared to him, all other Bonds seem a bit silly and buffoonish to me, even SC.

I agree that the Bond theme songs have progressively become worse through the years. The "Skyfall Theme" works for the movie-barely-but does not stand on it's own outside of the movie.IMHO.

As an older person, I still love the "Goldfinger" song sung by Shirley Bassey. To me, THAT was and is the perfect Bond theme song.

Goldfinger!

Perhaps the greatest Bond theme song ever written.....

here it is-www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1nK7q2i8I

That was the best Bond movie too!

I HATED the theme song. It was a mess - Bond theme songs should never be sung by a guy, IMO. NONE of the Bond theme songs by males sounded good, even in the past.

DC Still the best Bond for me. He will be hard to replace. Compared to him, all other Bonds seem a bit silly and buffoonish to me, even SC.

You've got to be kidding. With the exception of Roger Moore, Daniel Craig is the WORST actor to play Bond. He just doesn't fit the role. Sean Connery was far better...

Originally Posted By: grampi

You've got to be kidding. With the exception of Roger Moore, Daniel Craig is the WORST actor to play Bond. He just doesn't fit the role. Sean Connery was far better...

I am, and will probably always be, in the "Sean Connery was the best Bond" club. When I first saw a Bond film, I was a young boy in the 60's...and it was Connery. He's always stayed in my mind as THE guy that personifies Bond.
Craig is pretty good. I like his coldness, his physical nature. But he completely lacks the suave and sophistication I have associated with Bond. He looks a bit thuggish...even in a tuxedo. I don't see Bond that way.
Brosnan was also good, but once again...he lacked something in my mind. Maybe he wasn't cold or tough enough in his manner? He did have the suave thing down.
And Mr. Moore? What can you say....he was a very likable Bond, in a funny sort of not-so-serious fashion. But was he sophisticated, cold, a killer? Hardly. But I still enjoyed some of his Bond films.

The other guys are pretty much not significant enough to mention.

Pierce Brosnan was kind of Moorish in that he was a little hard to take seriously as a cold killer. Connery could transition from lover/comedian to steel killer in a heartbeat, with both ends believable.

Craig is a little too rough around the edges, maybe a bit too serious, but definitely believable as a person who could take a human life and think less of it than his sock selection for the day.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
97tbird said:

I am, and will probably always be, in the "Sean Connery was the best Bond" club. When I first saw a Bond film, I was a young boy in the 60's...and it was Connery. He's always stayed in my mind as THE guy that personifies Bond.
Craig is pretty good. I like his coldness, his physical nature. But he completely lacks the suave and sophistication I have associated with Bond. He looks a bit thuggish...even in a tuxedo. I don't see Bond that way.
Brosnan was also good, but once again...he lacked something in my mind. Maybe he wasn't cold or tough enough in his manner? He did have the suave thing down.
And Mr. Moore? What can you say....he was a very likable Bond, in a funny sort of not-so-serious fashion. But was he sophisticated, cold, a killer? Hardly. But I still enjoyed some of his Bond films.

The other guys are pretty much not significant enough to mention.

I didn't like Moore at all. He was way too prissy acting. Brosnan was my 2nd fav, with Dalton being my 3rd...didn't care for the rest of them...

Last edited:
Ok, I got my Blue Ray copy of Spectre last week, and im not impressed... Craigs previous 3 movies were much better.

I was done with the Bond movies when Sean Connery left the role...there can be only one Bond and that was Connery...

Moore wasnt a bad Bond. Some of his movies were better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back