What job for a young, intelligent woman with a communications degree?

I'm not so sure about those "old-school" characteristics or pipe dreams many used to speak of about a 4-year degree.

There's plenty of people who have 4-year degrees who have no desire to accomplish much anymore. They "went through college" and got a degree because mommy and daddy were footing the $25K+ annual bills, including providing an extremely nice vehicle, maintenance, fuel, insurance, along with nearly unlimited funds to sustain a lifestyle that many can't afford outside of college with their own, real job.

I will say this- I am blown away by how many 19-24 year old girls that are out there today that are doing NOTHING. Many do not have a job, aren't going through a higher education program, many are just "hanging out". My daughter seems to have attracted a group of these or has found herself surrounded by many of these and I have given her strict orders to rid herself of these people. They aren't who she wants to be. These people have no ambition, no guidance and no future.

These girls aren't living at home, they are living in renter houses or apartments, their parents paying the bills! And these are not kids from "wealthy" households, I'm talking their parents live in a 3 or 4 bedroom home worth less than $400k, and do not live/work in a major metro area (meaning the available household income isn't off the chart).

Wasn’t your daughter an RT ?

Maybe she can find some new friends in healthcare that are more ambitious….

Young adults hanging out get bored and this sometimes lead to trouble.

My neighbor son who has the same degree is an admissions officer at decent college in NH. First job out of school similar age. I have known people in past with same degree so this as “first job” or doing something with Alumni.

I agree that the gender insanity and wokeism that is getting so much airplay these days is an issue, but far more concerned about Evolution Denial, rejection of the fossil record and a general anti science vibe.
So, to quote you to you, it is "far more concerning" to "deny evolution" than "gender insanity?" It is more important for children to KNOW they came from apes than to keep their genitals intact? Not only do I have no spot in my brain for this logic, we are now far off topic in this thread. End of discussion prior to becoming 🔥

So, to quote you to you, it is "far more concerning" to "deny evolution" than "gender insanity?" It is more important for children to KNOW they came from apes than to keep their genitals intact? Not only do I have no spot in my brain for this logic, we are now far off topic in this thread. End of discussion prior to becoming 🔥
1. If you think that the theory of evolution suggests that humans descended from apes, your ignorance speaks for itself. You could not teach evolution in a home school setting without getting the basics down. The fossil record clearly, inarguably shows that humans and apes descended from an extinct common species.
2. I was not thinking that we were talking about genital mutilation. That is bad... I agree.

Back