Purolator website upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell.... I hope they get their economy and second tier filters right. Their current premium Synthetic oil filters have been just fine. I said I would run one and I have done just that because these filters are solid. I do hope they will be able to raise the quality back up to where it was. Would be nice to have more quality options.

Why have three levels of quality, just clone and make the one Germanic Mann filter in the USA and keep the jobs here would be easier. Put the new retro logo on the can. Why do we need good, better, and best all the time? Jobbers can harvest more money from customers in upselling? Make one Fram, one Wix, one Purolator, one Napa. In Germany you buy one kind of Mann filter, which signifies their best I believe. Baldwin has one automotive grade I believe, the red one.

I see it as competing with FRAM head on:

Purolator vs OCOD

Purolator 1 vs TG

Boss vs Ultra

I like the rebranding and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and trust that they have made improvements to their product so they don't tear. We'll wait and see next year when somebody uses and cuts one of these bad boys open.

I liked the Boss video. The Boss is a game changer! Just as long as it does not boss my wallet I will give it a try. I just don't like black on oil filters because it's hard to tell if there is an oil seep.

901 lets see what they did they might still tear for all we know.. I may try another purolater if i see their quality gets better but i have to be very sure and their prices have to be good. after about a year or so if i see good results i may again buy purolater but for now its the wix and ultra.

I sort of lost faith in purolater the last couple of years due to their quality issues.

I'll let the masses test them and report back, then decide if I want to bother using them again.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
...I just don't like black on oil filters because it's hard to tell if there is an oil seep. ...

Is it Black? It looks like a dingy grey to me.

Wonder what the Bosch equivalents will be?

Didn't someone mention lately seeing a new center tube in classics?

Guess I will look for a few of these to sacrifice...

This just make me think maybe quality slipped as they knew they were gonna re tool, and crimps ect, came out of spec causing random failure's. This come pretty fast on the heals of the purolator failure's witnessed by some.

Would I be able to confidently use full synthetic oil with the Purolator One? The brochure says it is recommended for conventional and semi-syn users and the Boss is recommended for use with full syn.

Of course! Boss is built for A longer OCI. One has improved synthetic material as stated over current Pure one. Full syn can be used with a jobber filter and 3000mi OCI if you choose.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: BigD1
...I just don't like black on oil filters because it's hard to tell if there is an oil seep. ...

Is it Black? It looks like a dingy grey to me.

Looked metallic grey in some of their photos.

Originally Posted By: PE400
This just make me think maybe quality slipped as they knew they were gonna re tool, and crimps ect, came out of spec causing random failure's. This come pretty fast on the heals of the purolator failure's witnessed by some.

I don't know about pretty fast, as it's been over 1-1/2 years since the tearing media fiasco started showing up. I do think however that this whole revamping was probably driven by the problems Purolator was having. Let's see if this move pulls their reputation out of the hole a bit.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
None of the new ones at any of the usual suspects today. I think I saw somewhere on the web "coming in 2016"?
Thats true. First one on BITOG to use one is King of the Oil Nerds. C'mon people, Fram Ultra still edges it out.

Thanks PE400. I usually only run 5000 mile OCIs even with synthetic. I may start following the OLM up to 7500 miles though.

Boss looks black on my screen. It's more black than grey. The grey filter is the jobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back