Purolator website upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
"BOSS" - JHC what a joke...

Hopefully they upgraded the innards, but that is a stupid name for an oil filter in my opinion.
"Ultra" har de har.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
"BOSS" - JHC what a joke...

Hopefully they upgraded the innards, but that is a stupid name for an oil filter in my opinion.
"Ultra" har de har.

Actually, it's a pretty good name.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ultra

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: aircooled
Did Fram ever admit to exploding OCOD filters?
Of course not. That's what got the "minimopar oil filter comparison" site started, a shredded OCOD element.

Was there 70+ instances reported by one chat board? Ans: No.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I'm sorry, to me it already isn't impressive when they say things like "Wear-resistant metal end caps and center tube" in the One filter description. Do I want tricks or honesty?
So there is like one USA owned oil filter company left, Clarcor?

Like their the ONLY ones with "silly" marketing terms...

Can you show some as silly as ""Wear-resistant metal end caps and center tube"? This is a bullet point in their filters advantages description. They could say "Strong metal end caps and center tube" not wear resistant. It's like a salesman trying to trick a customer who may not know a lot about it.
Anyway the Fram Ultra has wear resistant metal caps and tube also, plus a superior stainless steel mesh behind the media.

How do we know that the stainless mesh support is superior? Do we have any UOA/particle count comparisons?

And, is supported media really the best? A toilet paper bypass doesn't require support mesh/screen.

Boss vs Ultra.... should be interesting UOA/PC comparisons. We also have the synth filters from Amsoil, Wix, RoyalPurple, Bosch LL .... to compare also. Competitive market is a win for ...

Looking forward to people opening these filters!
Looks like they changed their whole line, not only just colors and packaging.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
How do we know that the stainless mesh support is superior? Do we have any UOA/particle count comparisons?

And, is supported media really the best? A toilet paper bypass doesn't require support mesh/screen.

Boss vs Ultra.... should be interesting UOA/PC comparisons. We also have the synth filters from Amsoil, Wix, RoyalPurple, Bosch LL .... to compare also. Competitive market is a win for ...

The Boss shows a plastic mesh, and Frantz TP filters did have a support screen. Stainless steel mesh wears better, just like the metal end caps and center tube wear better, so it is superior. According to mann-hummel logic. It's superior to plastic mesh in other obvious ways. SS is more expensive and costly to manufacture, making the Fram Ultra a bargain.

Will Purolator be using these improved materials and manufacturing methods in the filters they make for other brands like Motorcraft? Because those have been tearing, too.

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
anyone know when the new stock is suppose to hit the shelves?

Someone already found them at AAP. Look at the thread "New Purolator Oil Filters"

Does anyone know or have access to spec information on this filter? Specifically I am looking for the micron rating/nominal micron rating of Purolator (and other) filters

Originally Posted by Al
I'll bump this thread. Does anyone know the micron rating vs efficiency of the Boss.

BOSS is 99% @ 40 microns.

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back