Paid 1st Note With 2015 PSD In Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HM12460
Thinking maybe I better just keep my old Dakota. Never any issue's with it from day 1.
That's an easy choice right there. Paid off, reliable, and if you're content with it, you can't beat it.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
If you build enough of anything your going to get a few failures.

My friend took delivery of his mid 80's Audi 5000 it died on the way home within 1 mile from the dealer. They had to tow the car back to dealer.

The last couple years he owned it he spent almost every weekend to fix something. He got rid of it after 7-8 years.

Audi 5000 of early-mid 80's was the best looking sedan available.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Need4racin
rare to see a body mount or tie rod end fail new. Interesting. Maybe why they didn't diagnosis it right when it was new.
I have had more than one tie-rod fail when new, so that was not a surprise, but the body mount--how does that fail? Rubber/polymer separate from the steel? At any rate, I drove it for about 40 miles and the difference is night and day.

Bolt not tightened properly?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Need4racin
rare to see a body mount or tie rod end fail new. Interesting. Maybe why they didn't diagnosis it right when it was new.
I have had more than one tie-rod fail when new, so that was not a surprise, but the body mount--how does that fail? Rubber/polymer separate from the steel? At any rate, I drove it for about 40 miles and the difference is night and day.
Bolt not tightened properly?
Not sure; I should have asked to see the old one to gain a better understanding of how they can fail.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
If you build enough of anything your going to get a few failures.

My friend took delivery of his mid 80's Audi 5000 it died on the way home within 1 mile from the dealer. They had to tow the car back to dealer.

The last couple years he owned it he spent almost every weekend to fix something. He got rid of it after 7-8 years.

Audi 5000 of early-mid 80's was the best looking sedan available.

[censored] happens.

Probably 10 years ago their was a big thread on a few Mercedes forums, an E55 AMG popped its engine with like 400 miles on it at a traffic light. Engine just shut off and locked, something let go inside.

AMG shipped a new crate motor over from Germany with detailed instructions that the dealer was supposed to put the bad engine back in the crate and send it back to them. Took a couple weeks to swap motors.

Build enough of anything and you will get a few failures.

i do quality control for subaru we had a STI blown engine with 2 miles on it, threw a rod right threw the engine, it happens.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
It happens....to all makes.
I've got a neighbor with a six-month-old Ram pickup.
The dealer has had the engine tore apart three times now and it has less than 8K miles on it. The first time it was in the shop was to replace the crankshaft.

My neighbor is attempting to get a new one out of the dealer because he thinks the value of the truck has severely depreciated.
So far, it hasn't happened.

I hate to say this, but the dealer/manufacturer doesn't owe him anything except the repaired truck. If they replace the entire engine, that's the most he can hope for.

Its a work truck, not a limited edition sports car that is expected to appreciate over time, where matching numbers will increase it's value on the high end car sales market, 15 years from now.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Its a work truck, not a limited edition sports car that is expected to appreciate over time, where matching numbers will increase it's value on the high end car sales market, 15 years from now.

BC.

It really doesn't matter what model the newly purchased vehicle is, he spend his hard earned money on it and it should perform in a reasonable manner.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: Kruse
It happens....to all makes.
I've got a neighbor with a six-month-old Ram pickup.
The dealer has had the engine tore apart three times now and it has less than 8K miles on it. The first time it was in the shop was to replace the crankshaft.

My neighbor is attempting to get a new one out of the dealer because he thinks the value of the truck has severely depreciated.
So far, it hasn't happened.

I hate to say this, but the dealer/manufacturer doesn't owe him anything except the repaired truck. If they replace the entire engine, that's the most he can hope for.

BC.

How do you know it's a work truck? No matter what trim truck it is, an engine torn down 3 times that soon? That doesn't even matter. Heck if it is a work truck it may be a bigger deal as he could be losing money not having his truck.

I hope he does get a new one. Hopefully his case falls under the Lemon Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back