Overheating in long drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/chernmax/My Max/IMG_5493.jpg

Here go email from user; he's running 450hp on maxima.

I'm only going to explain this one last time. OUR TRANNY COOLER (STOCK) IS A RADIATOR FLUID BASED COOLING SYSTEM THAT IS A CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM COMPLETELY SEPERATE FROM ENTERING THE TRANSMISSION ITSELF! If you follow the tranny cooler hose you will learn they are all connected to the RADIATOR! So to get that RADIATOR fluid cooler to flow against the tranny you're adding an external cooler (B&G) to bring the temperature down.

Once installation is complete, you add additional RADIATOR fluid through the RADIATOR Cap, that's it! LEAVE YOUR TRANNSSMISSION ITSELF ALONE!!! NO TRANNY FLUID, NOTHING, NADA, DO NOT DO, DO NOT PASS GO OR COLLECT $200 DOLLARS, STOP!

This is what the actual STOCK transmission cooler look like!

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Rohan
If it start to overheat again after this then I will have to dump the antifreeze again if I'm going to replace any parts of cooling system. Should I buy super tech antifreeze I just want to test it and see if it overheat again.

Why are you so quick to put the antifreeze in? It's summer time, you can safely run on straight water until the issue is resolved and then put in the correct mix of antifreeze.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I know most of you are not happy to see my thread again lol. I didn't want to post anything until I found the clue. So I find the problem hopefully and I see some grease all of the thermostat housing between thermostat gasket and engine block where thermostat go into engine . Time to buy the new thermostat right?

Hello everyone,

I know most of you are not happy to see my thread again lol. I didn't want to post anything until I found the clue. So I find the problem hopefully and I see some grease all of the thermostat housing between thermostat gasket and engine block where thermostat go into engine . Time to buy the new thermostat right?
All I can say is, if you're going to replace the thermostat, I recommend you use an OEM one. Last month my mechanic replaced the thermostat in my grandmother's Trailblazer with a Stant brand aftermarket, it started overheating. Then we put in an OEM one and it is perfect. The aftermarket actually had a 10% smaller opening than the OEM (I measured).

Hello everyone,

Thermostats don't have any grease in them. You could have a head gasket problem.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Hello everyone,

Thermostats don't have any grease in them. You could have a head gasket problem.

I do see grease in the front of the motor and it on the head gasket also. Could this be blown head gasket? I'm going to post the picture tommor or Sunday on here.

There is a color dye that you can buy and dump into the radiator. If there is a leak into the engine (of course you should be loosing coolant), it will show up in the motor oil under UV light.

I figured my water pump was bad (seals) with the dye and UV light.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
There is a color dye that you can buy and dump into the radiator. If there is a leak into the engine (of course you should be loosing coolant), it will show up in the motor oil under UV light.

Okay if this is the problem then my head gasket is bad only if I see the coolant when I drain the oil . Correct?

Or I can do the block test?

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy

Okay if this is the problem then my head gasket is bad only if I see the coolant when I drain the oil . Correct?

Or I can do the block test?
No

Just take it to a mechanic for a diagnosis.

Look online for a highly rated independent shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back