Refurbished OEM Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone has used a place like this:
http://www.allfactorywheels.com/

and were they satisfied with the wheels? I got some "refurbished" hubcaps once for the wife's Sentra, and while they looked "Pretty Good", I could tell they were repainted, and there were some flaws.

I'd be buying some factory replacements for my BMW, so "prettyGood" won't cut it, and I'm wondering should I just go ahead and buy brand new. The refurbished are 1/2 the price however. $278 vs $634 each.

There's a few fellas around here that cater to this. One, a very nice guy, has a step van mobile operation. I see him at the high end dealers 'restoring' trade in car's wheels. He warrants for 'lifetime'-who's I don't know! Another outfit has a CNC setup that cuts off the top coat and sins and then re-clears them.

You'd be surprised how many bent wheels are out in the wild. I'd find a way to see them spun on a balancer; many tire shops silently put the worst bent ones on the back and you won't know until your 1st rotation. The techs don't speak up because they don't want more drama, and most 99% customers don't care or take action.

I had a set of clear coated polished aluminum enkei wheels refurbed once by a local wheel refurbisher. They looked great until the first time I used wheel cleaner on them, the clear discolored.

They redid them at no charge, but a few months later I went through a car wash and the same thing happened.

Since then, I have been leery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back