Whats left for 'traditional' green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because the older Subaru cars, for example, ran green + a bottle of Subaru cooling system conditioner. Are any of the Napa coolants especially the old school green formula still?

My car used the conventional green. Last drain/refill I did,I used conventional green Autozone brand w/bottle of Water Wetter.

The zerex original green is the traditional green formula. I imagine if Napa has a green coolant it is this formula too since all the napa brand oils and coolants that I've ever found are Ashland/Valvoline products. or you could just buy the Zerex stuff.

Peak also has a traditional green coolant as does many of the farm stores such as Tractor Supply Company.

However, even these products are now low silicate compared to the green coolant of yesteryear.

The Prestone All makes all models looks very close to conventional green but its not as opaque. I'm using that in my Nissan now mixed with conventional green.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
That Prestone is just another Dexcool clone.

Well they changed the formula recently, so not 100% sure if it still is or not...

This is the new one

new-prestone.png

This is the old one....

5102ldxm66L.jpg

Originally Posted By: jrmason
I buy the full strength stuff though, much easier to get the desired concentration after a flush.

where do you get the full strength?

There is a thread here on the forums, and a member asked Prestone if the new stuff still has 2eha in it, and they said yes it does. Until I see a MSDS that I can not find on Prestone's website, then it still has e2ha. At least on Peak's website, the MSDS is easy to find. Prestone does make it easy to find the certificate of compliance--information I don't need.

Zerex has already been mentioned. The Celsius line of antifreeze (not sure if it's available down south, now that I think of the name) also might be. Texaco and Havoline antifreezes also had a conventional green option.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: jrmason
I buy the full strength stuff though, much easier to get the desired concentration after a flush.

where do you get the full strength?

At a local auto parts store.

So basically nearly everywhere is still going to be able to get me a traditional green coolant. That works. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back