Brady suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251
He is not going to court.

Please cite what lawsuits the NFL has "lost" recently other than a couple double jeopardy lawsuits by domestic abusers.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150513/SPORTS/150519673/13988?rssfeed=true

Former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones heard and overturned the indefinite suspension Ray Rice last February. In 2012, former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue was named the neutral arbitrator for the Bountygate appeals. In both of those cases, Kessler represented the players who were being punished.

Kessler is well-known around NFL circles for being a thorn in the league’s side. His work on the Bountygate case helped get suspensions against New Orleans Saints players, including Jonathan Vilma, reduced.

Goodell had suspended Vilma for the entire 2012 season, but he only ended up missing the first five games.

In addition to Rice, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had his indefinite suspension overturned by U.S. District Judge David Doty. Peterson, who missed nearly all of last season, is expected to return to action this year.

It very well could go to court

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan
He is not going to court.

Please cite what lawsuits the NFL has "lost" recently other than a couple double jeopardy lawsuits by domestic abusers.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150513/SPORTS/150519673/13988?rssfeed=true

Former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones heard and overturned the indefinite suspension Ray Rice last February. In 2012, former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue was named the neutral arbitrator for the Bountygate appeals. In both of those cases, Kessler represented the players who were being punished.

Kessler is well-known around NFL circles for being a thorn in the league’s side. His work on the Bountygate case helped get suspensions against New Orleans Saints players, including Jonathan Vilma, reduced.

Goodell had suspended Vilma for the entire 2012 season, but he only ended up missing the first five games.

In addition to Rice, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had his indefinite suspension overturned by U.S. District Judge David Doty. Peterson, who missed nearly all of last season, is expected to return to action this year.

It very well could go to court

Rice and Peterson were punished by the NFL using guidelines on personal conduct enacted by after their indiscretions were committed.

As for Vilma his appeal for suspension was overturned due to
"While the panel did not address the merits of the NFL's bounty investigation, it found that Goodell overstepped his authority in hearing the players' appeals of their punishments for participating in the Saints bounty program, which paid cash bonuses for hits that injured opponents.

The panel's decision states that Special Master Stephen Burbank, not Goodell, should discipline players for receiving money from a pool that paid for big plays. Goodell's role, the panel said, should be limited to whether he can prove the players intended to injure opponents, which would fall in the category of conduct detrimental to the game. Players and coaches implicated in the bounty pool have testified under oath in a related federal court case they never intended to injure opposing players."

I would like this to go to court. So the whole world can see the texts from McNally and Jastremski along with their testimony.

I would like this to go to court. So the whole world can see the texts from McNally and Jastremski along with their testimony.

Just what we need..more courts and more lawyers working to resolve problems on the Sports "Industry" [/sarcasm]

Originally Posted By: Al

Just what we need..more courts and more lawyers working to resolve problems on the Sports "Industry" [/sarcasm]

I highly doubt this is going to court.

Why would Brady fool with appealing if he wasnt prepared to go all the way?
I think it will go to court.
We'll see.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
We'll see.

He has nothing to lose by appealing, but the suspension could be reduced or just eliminated altogether - who knows. Doesn't hurt him to try. And there might be something to the fact that Goodell and Kraft are pretty close.

We'll see.

BC its easy..and he will get it reduced and it will look like the NFL doesn't have a STRONG case. Court of law next??? ummmm...no. HE would need to prove he is innocent. A guy that bagged Gisele and has the talent and brains to go with it is way smarter than any of us losers on this board...including me and probably You.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I bet he does not even change is own oil! I don't either!

He lubes his....oops.I almost said something bad.
shocked.gif

Last edited:
If Kraft and Goodell have some backroom agreement to reduce Brady to only two games or even one game,then how much is a win worth?
For arguments sake, without Brady maybe they go 1-3.
With him they go 3-1 or 4-0.
Are 2 to 3 wins worth a million bucks?
Would an owner pay a million for three extra wins?
Maybe.

Million to them is like hundred to us! I don't think we need to worry about if these guys can afford it. There are enough stupid people in the world who would (or already are) donating money towards that fine.

If Kraft and Goodell have some backroom agreement to reduce Brady to only two games or even one game,then how much is a win worth?
For arguments sake, without Brady maybe they go 1-3.
With him they go 3-1 or 4-0.
Are 2 to 3 wins worth a million bucks?
Would an owner pay a million for three extra wins?
Maybe.

If it is the difference between being the #1 seed and the #3 seed in the playoffs, I would say that $100 million would not be an unreasonable value to put on it.

I'm glad he won this round but the NFL is appealing.
I'm tired of this circus.
Let the real games begin.
And I feel sorry for the Colts,Ravens and the other punching bags of the Pats.
Cowboys play them this year,ouch!

Mark Sanchez eats a hot dog on the sidelines and is fined...Tom Brady cheats in Superbowl and smiles for the cameras.

The suspension was over turned on a couple of technicalities.
The judge never said Brady wasn't guilty of being a cheating and lying bag scum.
The judge could only could only rule on the mechanics of the suspension, not guilt or innocence.
Give it time. The Pats will get caught again. At least Kraft did the right thing.

A cheater gets over. A bad day for the gmae of football.

I hope the NFL wins the appeal just in time for the playoffs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3311
The suspension was over turned on a couple of technicalities.
The judge never said Brady wasn't guilty of being a cheating and lying bag scum.
The judge could only could only rule on the mechanics of the suspension, not guilt or innocence.
Give it time. The Pats will get caught again. At least Kraft did the right thing.

A cheater gets over. A bad day for the gmae of football.

I hope the NFL wins the appeal just in time for the playoffs.
smile.gif

Exactly, overturned on procedural flaws not anything to do with guilt. I have found myself laughing right out loud yesterday and this morning at the talk show callers and hosts, plus the local media, who are now strutting round talking about how the Judge "exonerated" Brady. No he didn't. No where did he say anything of the sort. He vacated the suspension for procedural flaws.

Any person with an ounce of common sense can see Brady was involved and knew what was going on. An equipment manager and locker room attendant/go-for don't do that kind of thing without being asked/told to. If anyone thinks those two clowns came up with deflating the footballs on their own they are delusional! If Brady was so innocent he wouldn't have destroyed his cell phone the day he was to be interviewed. The deflated footballs were on purpose and Brady knew.

I also find it amusing that the judge ripped the NFL for not allowing Brady to interview Pash and for not releasing all investigation notes but apparently it is ok that the Patriots refused interviews of employees to Wells and Brady destroyed evidence( i.e. cell phone ). Seems to me that the two things are a wash. I actually find destroying evidence to be the most egregious offense of it all.

I was hoping that the team would finally be held accountable for the cheating and rule bending. Makes me sick that they get away with it again. The Million dollar fine the team got is nothing to them. The draft picks hurt at least. Brady deserved to be suspended at a minimum of 2 games. The Judge could have wiped out 2 games of the 4 saying that is for the procedural flaws but left 2 games saying that is for non cooperation and destroying evidence. That would have at least been somewhat fair. What he did is grossly unfair and defies logic.

A cheater and liar gets away with it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back