2013 hyundai sonata 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2013 hyundai sonata 2.4 and i got 5W30 instead of 5W20 because of the summer temperature, is this okay?

Thanks Grambo

Yes. If I am not mistaken you can use anything from a 5w20 to a 10w30 and be ok per the owners manual.

18.gif

2010 Hyundai 2.4L with 90k on the clock (just changed oil/filter this morning). Been using PYB 5w-30 year around (Calif.) and always OEM filter. 5k OCIs
Pondering when I hit 100k to continue the same or?
Have never had to add for the 5k runs.

Fill cap has 5w-30 which I did at the sart, then did 5w-30 for winter & 5w-30 non-winter, but been only 5w-30 only for a couple years now year around & its been fine.

Last edited:
Not going to hurt anything, but isn't necessary. Your car has a thermostat that keeps the engine at the same temperature regardless. It doesn't care how hot it is outside. Besides, Nee York is NOT hot.

as a previous poster indicated, whether you run 5-20 or 5-30 really should not matter, the summers temps have no effect on your motor running temp as you have a cooling system that takes care of that.

Great little engine. I've run anything from 0w20 to 10w40 in a friend optima with no trouble. put it in and sleep easy at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back