STP S-3614XL new (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Something called GARBAGE or should say some old newspapers; nothing of significance
grin2.gif

That's B.S. Something came in that box. The UPS truck don't deliver garbage.
grin2.gif

I think it looks good.
But I won't buy it for 9 bucks.
Maybe a 5 buck filter but at AZ that won't happen.
Thanks for spending the money and cutting open.

I like the COIL SPRING... I think the COIL SPRING is a better then the leaf springs style.
Also its ADBV looks to be Silcone and the Oil Gasket looks nice.

However the price is a lil high

If it was a 5$ filter it would be a attractive offer.

Perhaps if they offer it with some sorta of oil package.

Better then I thought.

I agree I would be inclined to try one if it was part of an OCI special at a smokin' price. No way I'd pay 9 bucks for one.

Even though I baby my Jeep (maintenance wise anyway) it most often is wearing a filter in the 3-4 buck range.

Due to change in work assignment now though I am down to about 2 OCI's a year on it, so it probably would be cost effective to jump to the Tough Guards I like so much.

Looks Like a purolater at the base i wonder if they make that filter.. I will say there are a few Chinese filters out there that look really good. Other rebuilders i know use some of them and they are nice however the reason i wont use them is they say in big black letters made in china. For a jobber filter a lot of shops are using Wix including us. Their build quality is great and their flow is good and their price is .12 more then the group 7 by purolater we used to use.. I think we are Paying $1.45 each for them that includes delivery and all the perks. But we buy hundreds at a time for 2 other shops also.

This is the STP XL is $8.99 at Autozone and the Fram Ultra is $9.99 at the same place. I would spend the extra $1.

Originally Posted By: Run
This filter doesn't look too bad. The price seems a little high.

I agree...at least they can get the pleats straight and don't have big wide seams near the metal crimp.
I'd say this filter should be priced like the Pureone 1 which used to be very good before they became Tear-o-lators...
I'd use this before any Purolator.

Thanks for the C&P. Looks good but at that price I'll stick to US made...

Filter looks really well made. Has 96 sq inches of media. I got one on my car and will cut it once pulled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back