2016 Pilot spotted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: CKN
With all due respect to the ladies....it looks very feminine IMHO.

How is that any different from all of the other years of Honda Pilot?

The outgoing generation had the 2 box shape.

They tried to give the previous generation a "muscular" look by making it boxy. Obviously, they over did it. I was reading the same criticism came from their "focus groups". It was "too boxy"

As I said-Honda has forgotten how to design vehicles, because quite frankly they sell anyway.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
looks just like a +Plus sized CRV, almost to the line.

When you looked at this Pilot, did your eyes hurt?

I like the new Pilot quite a bit. I'm glad Honda has finally gotten honest about what the Pilot is -- a large station wagon with good visibility. The outgoing Pilot looked so...fake to me.

What the new Pilot's best attribute is, though, is its chassis. It's larger than the outgoing Pilot AND lighter. It's based on the new MDX chassis and it's quite a nice vehicle (having put many miles on my folks' 2014 MDX). They bought their 2014 MDX in mid-2013 when they first came out, and have over 30,000 miles on it already. It hasn't made a single noise, and feels like Honda's other "truck" chassis vehicles -- tight as a drum.

The old pilot was distinguished, though. The new one looks no different than a Traverse.

The only question that is left is - do I buy a Traverse that will toss it's cam chain in 100K miles or a Pilot that needs a cam belt in 100K miles.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Actually if i was buying something like that i would either step down to a CR-V or just pay more for a Suburban. Eventually GM will get back to heavy discounts on suburbans and make it more like a $10k difference and a 4 mpg difference isn't that big of a deal if you getting into giant vehicles. 7500 towing on suburban vs 3500-5000 on the honda? What do you do with a giant vehicle like that if not load up the family and tow your camper or something?

You get a vehicle that gets to 60MPH in 6.1 seconds instead of 7.3. You get a vehicle that can exceed the EPA highway MPG estimate with very little effort. You get a garageable vehicle for all the many tract home mini-garages. You get a 3-row vehicle that is easily parked and maneuvered.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: dareo
Actually if i was buying something like that i would either step down to a CR-V or just pay more for a Suburban. Eventually GM will get back to heavy discounts on suburbans and make it more like a $10k difference and a 4 mpg difference isn't that big of a deal if you getting into giant vehicles. 7500 towing on suburban vs 3500-5000 on the honda? What do you do with a giant vehicle like that if not load up the family and tow your camper or something?

You get a vehicle that gets to 60MPH in 6.1 seconds instead of 7.3. You get a vehicle that can exceed the EPA highway MPG estimate with very little effort. You get a garageable vehicle for all the many tract home mini-garages. You get a 3-row vehicle that is easily parked and maneuvered.

+1 Basically they are an AWD minivan that can tow up to 5000lbs, which is pretty handy for many people. I find our CRV sort of a bad compromise, it sucks a lot of gas just for the AWD. No 3rd row, no towing, no off road capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back