Toyota CVT FE spec alternative????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you know if there is aftermarket alternative yet to the new Toyota FE spec CVT fluid!??
thanks much,
Dave

I would be very careful as well but I too would give Amsoil a try but probably nothing else besides that or oem fluid. Oem fluids are fine just change more often

well here is the catch ,..............the OEM Toyota stuff is on backorder at the moment
frown.gif

CVTs rely on shear to "connect" the drive chain to the drive cone. To me, this whole process seems to place lots of demands on lubricants - both to control wear and to provide just the right amount of slip.

Each CVT design is different and presumably has at least slightly different lubricant requirements. So I'd be very leery of "universal" CVT lubricants such as are on the market today. You presumably have quite a bit of life left in your powertrain warranty and using a non-Toyota fluid could put it in jeopardy, so I'd wait for the genuine Toyota stuff.

Originally Posted By: Danh
CVTs rely on shear to "connect" the drive chain to the drive cone. To me, this whole process seems to place lots of demands on lubricants - both to control wear and to provide just the right amount of slip.

Each CVT design is different and presumably has at least slightly different lubricant requirements. So I'd be very leery of "universal" CVT lubricants such as are on the market today. You presumably have quite a bit of life left in your powertrain warranty and using a non-Toyota fluid could put it in jeopardy, so I'd wait for the genuine Toyota stuff.

I agree, it's not worth the risk.

thanks for all your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is Valvoline Max- something qualified for Toyota FE ????

Originally Posted By: Madhun
thanks for all your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is Valvoline Max- something qualified for Toyota FE ????

No! This is one application I can surely say Maxlife is not appropriate for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back