CVT transmission fluid question for my Toyota Corolla S (2015 1.8 ltr)

Hey folks, does anyone have sound advice on how good CVT FE fluid really is?
I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla S model, with of course paddle shifters, a 7-speed dual clutch (auto or manual), and drive it religiously hard.
The car only had 37k on it, and I've had it since 18k off lease. I change the Mobil 1 out every 2k, because I love the car and want to keep it running smooth, clean, and as fast as I can make her go.

Question: When you do a CVT FE drain and fill, per the transmission fluid, it only drains out 2.2 quarts at a time. Thus far, I have only drained out 2.2 quarts, out of apx. 8 or so. Every time you do a drain and fill you have to necessarily mix in 2.2 quarts of fresh into the remaining 6 or so quarts that remain. When you do the math, I will have to do three more fills in order to make a full swap out of the old oil. Even at that you still end up leaving 1-quart of dirty or old fluid in the transmission, that's just how it goes -- Toyota does not want you to fool with it, and there is no dip stick, etc., and the fill plug is behind the left front driver's wheel. So, is it safe to grind out the transmission on my present 2.2 quarts swap out, or do I keep going with at least another two drain and fills?

P.S., What is the best synthetic oil on the market, the purple stuff?

Thanks,
Cyclingmasterseller

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Wait, what? :unsure:

I don't think a CVT is a dual clutch...

One drain and fill every 30-60k is sufficient. There's nothing wrong with using CVT FE from the dealer, but there are aftermarket fluids that cost less and are just as good.

A 2k OCI is way overkill, unless that's all you drive in a year.

I use Aisin FE CVT fluid in my friend's 2013 Corolla S with about 150K. Bought it used; the fluid didn't look too bad. I will do the 2nd trans service with the next oil change. Only takes a few minutes. I believe I got about 2.2 qts out also.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Wait, what? :unsure:

I don't think a CVT is a dual clutch...

One drain and fill every 30-60k is sufficient. There's nothing wrong with using CVT FE from the dealer, but there are aftermarket fluids that cost less and are just as good.

A 2k OCI is way overkill, unless that's all you drive in a year.
You are correct, my transmission is NOT a dual-clutch, sorry about that, I don't know what I was thinking.
Next, drain and fills on these things are only 2.2 quarts per drain and fill, so one is not enough, I need at least two more, then I'll call it quits for another 30k. And, as far as oil changes are concerned, 2k is cool, because I have a short ram air intake, which is much dirtier than the stock air intake ,which also has a gause-like pre-filter attached. In the end, my oil does get a ever so slightly darker than it used to vs. when I had my old stock air filter set up on. And with oil being recycled, I find this a very cheap way to keep the engine spotless.

Attachments

• 20220924_191355.jpg
    20220924_191355.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 12
Back