1997 ford f250 4x4 5.8l heavy duty - what coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What options do I have for coolant for this vehicle? I am having trouble finding out which coolant to use. I figured I can use Peaks Final Charge? What other coolants are compatible?

I'd skip the Final Charge. It's an SCA coolant.

If you want a coolant that will give you all of the protection of green, and extended life without the silicate, SCA, or 2-HEA, Rotella ELC is your coolant.

So other than rotella elc, which brands of conventional green should i be looking for?

Ok so I'm going to go get some green. Its so hard to find info on this truck. It's the old body style heavy duty version and it's the last year of it

Originally Posted By: BigBuck
Ok so I'm going to go get some green. Its so hard to find info on this truck. It's the old body style heavy duty version and it's the last year of it

Hmmm....
I have a '97 F250 with the 5.4 and 7-bolt wheels (it's actually a heavy half) and I haven't had too many problems finding info on it, but I guess the repairs on mine have been few. I believe the most sought after item on your truck would be the engine block that is drilled to accept factory roller lifters. I'm actually looking for a similar 351W block for an upcoming engine build...but I digress.

This should help you on your antifreeze quest:
http://www.sancarlosradiator.com/images/Zerex Application Chart - Z-1217.pdf
Note that this chart is dated, but should point you to the right direction.

Typical green would be good. G-05 would be better if the system is properly flushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back