Denied a test drive at Honda???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What yanks my chain are the dealers that have a button on their site labeled: "GET OUR E-PRICE!!!" About one out of one hundred dealers actually give you a price- the rest send you invitations to come to the dealer or similar. If you don't want to give a price online that's fine- just don't offer to and then play stupid games.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
What yanks my chain are the dealers that have a button on their site labeled: "GET OUR E-PRICE!!!" About one out of one hundred dealers actually give you a price- the rest send you invitations to come to the dealer or similar. If you don't want to give a price online that's fine- just don't offer to and then play stupid games.

I helped a friend's son buying a Camry 4-5 months. I emailed 4-5 Toyota dealers with 1 email, I received all but 1 email within 2-3 hours with their price. Negotiated by email and got lower price than the lowest offer.

Last edited:
The customers that griped me the most were the ones that went out and purchased a used vehicle elsewhere but then wanted to know what the price was of our used vehicle of the same make because they "wanted to see if they got a good deal"

The time to see if you got a good deal is BEFORE you buy, not after. And you cant compare two used vehicles. They are not alike.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: otis24
The customers that griped me the most were the ones that went out and purchased a used vehicle elsewhere but then wanted to know what the price was of our used vehicle of the same make because they "wanted to see if they got a good deal"

The time to see if you got a good deal is BEFORE you buy, not after. And you cant compare two used vehicles. They are not alike.

People have long memories. If I exchanged emails and a dealership/salesperson were straight up with me, I'd look them up next time I needed a car and recommend them to my friends/family. Sometimes you need to sell "honesty and integrity" instead of trying to sell a car.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I agree.
My local Honda dealer thinks every cent they take off is killing them. They honor no buying service pricing. You just go elsewhere.

This the same reason I stay out of my local Honda dealership, even when I need parts. I just go on the Internet.

The last time I went to a dealer.. Never again.

Went looking for a sports car after I got my first job out of college. Went to the Chevrolet dealer and looked at Corvette in showroom. I asked about gas mileage and salesman said people who drive Corvettes don't worry about gas mileage. I said, "Oh, really." Walked out and bought Datsun 280z that was an amazing car for the 12 years I owned it. That Chevy salesman did me a huge favor!

You are the type that waste our time (aka tire kickers) and ask meaningless questions. You are also the type of person that would ask a million questions, analyze everything I would say and ask peoples opinions on the internet about it. Most seasoned salesman are good about feeling people like you out for wasting our time. I applaud him for turning you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back