How much to sell older Honda mower for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Honda HRM215 SX from the early 90s that I'm thinking about selling. It works fine except for the RWD, which seems to slip some times.

So... Sell or get it fixed? And how much to sell it for?

So one of the older ones that were built well? Didn't Honda only make good commercial grade mowers back then? Not like now where they have the cheaper knock off home owner versions? I would just sell it as is. Could probably get $150.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and can't believe the build quality. Gears instead of belts and drive shaft drive to the rear wheels.

BUT parts are more than expensive and I have found no one who knows how to fix the drive mechanics for the blades.

Example: Crankshaft, old model = $250, new model = $35.00.

I believe the wheel drive is belt based, extremely easy to fix yourself. Don't bother selling it. No one wants a mower that old for anything more than $30.

Yeah, it is belt based. The belt seems tight and the shift and drive engagement cables seem tight as well. I don't really want to take apart the transmission, but it seems like that would be the next step.
If I'm not going to get more than $30 for it then I won't bother selling it.

Fix it and pass it down to a member of your family, maybe a new homeowner?

When I bought my house, the seller included a self propelled Deere mower, I couldn't be happier.

Originally Posted By: horse123
I believe the wheel drive is belt based, extremely easy to fix yourself. Don't bother selling it. No one wants a mower that old for anything more than $30.

+1 for the above comment.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
I have a Honda HRM215 SX from the early 90s that I'm thinking about selling. It works fine except for the RWD, which seems to slip some times.

So... Sell or get it fixed? And how much to sell it for?

fix it but your still only getting maybe 40-50 for it. I bought one last spring off CR. My son and I tore it apart and re-built it, just so he could learn. Still only got $40 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back