My old Honda HRS21 push mower…

That I bought new in March of 1990. I bought a self propelled JD and basically forgot about it. It’s been in a corner of the basement for 15 years so I pulled it out today cleaned it up, drained the old brown gas, cleaned the carb, added fresh gas along with a dose of Berryman chem tool, changed the oil and it started on the first pull! I don’t need it so I think I’m going to sell it. What might a clean 33 year old Honda push mower be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpeg
    IMG_1194.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
That I bought new in March of 1990. I bought a self propelled JD and basically forgot about it. It’s been in a corner of the basement for 15 years so I pulled it out today cleaned it up, drained the old brown gas, cleaned the carb, added fresh gas along with a dose of Berryman chem tool, changed the oil and it started on the first pull! I don’t need it so I’m going to sell it. What might a clean 33 year old Honda push mower be worth?
ultra cool.

why get rid of it? it will probably outlast what you have now. I would pay new price of a comp unit.

Your story is both good news, and bad news, for me.

I bought a Honda in 2021, and left it in the box until 2022, since I didn't give my buddy my 2002 Craftsman until 2022. I think it was the right time to have bought it, as it's 27% more today, exact same model. Being in the mid Atlantic, I had to wait about 6 weeks for it. I would go online, change the zip code, and any given big box in MA or NH would have 20+ in stock lol

The Honda mulches without a bag, on grass that would stall the Craftsman. It's truly sad to think that it's the last mower I'll ever buy, and might outlive me by quite a number of years....:)

I wouldn't pay $200 for a used mower if the mower was not self propelled.
I gotcha, for me it’s nostalgia, that and you can‘t really get a good push mower in todays market. I have self propelled mowers, I just never use the function.

That said it was more out of memories with family than anything else that made me interested in it.

Back