which filter passes the largest particles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a filter that will pass thru the metallic particles in restore. I think the STP I have on it is one of the freer flowing ones.

I just want to catch the large chunks.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Probably the WIX extended life.The efficiency rating is terrible.

Ahh dangit you are right! Didn't even think about that, also a good because even when it is fully loaded the microglass should stay put and not break free like a cellulose could.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I want a filter that will pass thru the metallic particles in restore. I think the STP I have on it is one of the freer flowing ones.

Why bother?

Restore won't restore your engine.

But to answer your question, I'd use a FRAM OCOD with a hanging oil pressure relief (bypass) valve.

Is this really a known issue? It's hard for me to believe that Restore would get caught by any filter. Pretty hard to believe they would make an engine treatment that got removed by an engine oil filter. Not that it will work anyway.

wcod! ( white can of death ) aka purolator. They will tear and let all the oil and particles through
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Why bother?

Restore won't restore your engine.

I believe it has. There's no more visible white smoke puffing from the oil filler hole. And it seems to run better with more power as I continue to drive it.

Too many different answers here. Maybe I should stick with the 3 dollar STP.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
It is about 5 to 15 microns, mostly. They say it won't get catch.

At 5 to 15 microns, some will be caught if using any Fram, napaGold, any filter that has at least some glass fibers mixed in. Go with a ProLine oil filter from pep boys, any other cheap all paper filter for lower 4548-12 peformance.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Fram Ultra.
Prove it or is this more of your bovine scatology?

I used some Restore in my old lawnmower recently because it was smoking, getting hot and would only run for about ten minutes before dying. After adding it to the oil it smoked like crazy the first couple times I ran it. But now it starts right up....doesn't smoke and stays running. This stuff works.

Wasn't the Toyota rated at around 50%? Trying to find the reference.....

edit:
Found it, here you go:

EAO_efficiency_900.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back