Best oil filter Silverado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, with AC Delco going E-Core I have decided to go with one of the following for my Silverado.

Mobil 1 M1-113
Purolator Synthetic PLS12222
Fram Ultra XG10060

The Fram is the least expensive. Any other suggestions.

If there's an AAP near you, then you can get the M1 as part of the synthetic oil change specials. That would be my choice.

You really can't go wrong with any of them, though.

I'd also suggest Wix XP/Napa Platinum
Wix 57060XP
or
Napa 47060

Fram Ultra, no doubt. You get an all-synthetic fiber media, silicon ADBV, double layered, best filtration with dirt capacity of the three. Easy call.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
If there's an AAP near you, then you can get the M1 as part of the synthetic oil change specials. That would be my choice.

I saw that, they do Valvoline SynPower, I wonder if they would allow me to get a jug of Mobil 1 instead?

Originally Posted By: stchman

I saw that, they do Valvoline SynPower, I wonder if they would allow me to get a jug of Mobil 1 instead?

Not sure, but they do also have PP on sale, and a $10 rebate too! I'd take the PP with the M1 filter.

All three are licensed dexos1
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: stchman

Not sure, but they do also have PP on sale, and a $10 rebate too! I'd take the PP with the M1 filter.

All three are licensed dexos1
smile.gif

I have a decent stash of Mobil 1 5W-30 as of right now, but that SynPower plus filter for $29.99 is a really good deal.

I'd also suggest Wix XP/Napa Platinum
Wix 57060XP
or
Napa 47060

He said best filter, not rock catcher (Napa plat.).

Fram Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
He said best filter, not rock catcher (Napa plat.).
crackmeup2.gif

If you can get in on a Napa sale buy up some Napa Golds. Check out the Wix I just cut did a awesome job. They are a bargain when on sale. If your going to pay regular price the Fram Ultra is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back