Moto E smart phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monthly service charges over 2 years makes the upfront cost of a new phone small potatoes

I pay $53 a month over a 2 year contract.... $1272

New top of the line phone is $200

Vs $100 for a couple year old phone

Last edited:
I always get top of the line phones because after two years it's gonna be slow with the new apps and os requiring more and more power. I'd shoot higher than the moto e, the iPhone 5S will still be usable in two years.

How much are the Galaxy S6s?

FYI, best buy has some of the best in store specials for new lines that direct brand phone stores don't even have.

I always get the latest phone that has an AOSP ROM available.

It kind of prevents the whole slowness due to bloat issue

Currently on an LG G3 with CyanogenMod 12.1

This should do until the phone literally falls apart.

Well I got the Moto E anyway....... I figure I'll learn the smart phone thing. Then if I don't ruin it too much maybe I can sell it to recoup some of the cost and get a better phone.

g/f and I have Moto Gs and I got my fam to switch to Moto Es on Cricket, when they were $50ea. My Moto G was $25 after rebates.

5 lines, $100, 2.5g high speed per line, then its throttled. Best deal going. Uses AT&T network.

Weakest practical part of the E/G phones, is the camera. Fine for old smartphone pics, but lacking compared to new ones. I don't take important shots with my phone, though, so not important in our case.

I see no need for a $600 phone. My works just fine and does anything I need it to. What "powerful" apps do people *need* to run on the latest, greatest phones? If it truly is work, related, great - you get a tax write off, so spend away, or its paid for by work.

My brother had to get the big, latest Galaxy, based on friends' advice. He hates it and the monthly payments on it. I tried to warn him...

Originally Posted By: surfstar
g/f and I have Moto Gs and I got my fam to switch to Moto Es on Cricket, when they were $50ea. My Moto G was $25 after rebates.

5 lines, $100, 2.5g high speed per line, then its throttled. Best deal going. Uses AT&T network.

Weakest practical part of the E/G phones, is the camera. Fine for old smartphone pics, but lacking compared to new ones. I don't take important shots with my phone, though, so not important in our case.

That is an excellent deal, especially with 2.5GB data per line. If you're a family of 4, 4 lines are $100 as well so it looks like you may as well get the 5th line as a spare since it is free.

The Moto G camera is much better than the Moto E.

Oh and we all have the 4g LTE versions of the phones. Cricket's deals vary often, the Moto E is back up to $80 now (was $50 two months ago).

Very happy with $20 a line. Was quite happy when it was $35ea, then convinced the fam to join me at Cricket after I happily left VZW for good. They're saving over $150/month based on their old family/group VZW plan.

What kind of minutes? I'm paying $95 for unlimited minutes, and 3GB data between 2 phones. I stayed with ATT because they seem to do well in reception from my experience.
Originally Posted By: surfstar

I see no need for a $600 phone. My works just fine and does anything I need it to. What "powerful" apps do people *need* to run on the latest, greatest phones? If it truly is work, related, great - you get a tax write off, so spend away, or its paid for by work.

My brother had to get the big, latest Galaxy, based on friends' advice. He hates it and the monthly payments on it. I tried to warn him...

Cricket is unlimited minutes.
Two lines would be $70 or the same exact price of having separate $40 lines and then getting an autopay $5 discount (autopay discount doesn't stack with group save). Multiline savings happen from 3-5 lines.

I haven't used their customer service much, its best to "chat" with them. So if you're someone who likes to talk to a CS rep or go into stores to get help, Cricket might be more of a hassle. I prefer to bank online and not need to interact with tellers, so I'm happy with my wireless being similar.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Removable battery?

I believe that the slightly older, lower model Samsungs are the only smartphones which have user/consumer replaceable batteries, and NOT their newest/latest/greatest/largest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back