Delo is the magic oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/3 on Delo so far. It has transformed the old white van, my Polaris, and now the Bug.

It made all of them smoother, peppier, and much, much quieter. The van, in particular, went from sounding like it was about to fling itself apart to so quiet one can't even tell it's running. All due to oil.

Before this, I never really believed oil could make such a difference.

Going to switch the Saturd over next change and see how that goes.

Which Delo viscosity are you putting in the Ion?

Red, have you used some of that Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine you bought from O'Reilly? Does your engine like it?

I'll believe oil can make that much difference when pigs fly.
Except for the big people flying on SouthWest Airlines, pigs generally can't fly....

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Which grade? What brand, type (conventional, semi-syn, syn), and grade did you run prior? What does the van call for?

5w40 in the van and the Polaris, 15w30 in the Bug.

Previously, van had Rotella T6. Polaris had Mobil1 5w50. Bug had Mag1 5w40 All Fleet.

Van calls for anything from 10w30 to 15w40, according to the owner's manual. Polaris 570 called for 5w40 but was re-spec'd to 5w50. Most people still use 5w40. Doesn't matter what the Bug was spec'd for since it's a 100% aftermarket engine.

I'm not sure what I'll try in the Saturd. Maybe the 5w40 thinned with a quart of Havoline 5w20, or just straight 10w30 Delo.

I never got around to purchasing any Quackers. My local O'Reilly's isn't the most competent of stores. Minami, in all seriousness, good to hear you've found a lube that works well for you. Delo is a stout product.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
I'll believe oil can make that much difference when pigs fly.
Except for the big people flying on SouthWest Airlines, pigs generally can't fly....

I'm on your side with this one

Chevron Delo is YOUR magic oil! Congrats & Enjoy!

Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 is my "Magic" oil, Run it in everything Except the Toyota. It made ZERO difference on, Well, Anything! It just works, That's all.

I bought all 77 Gallons for $12.99 each under an Autozone sell a couple years back.

Are you sure, Merk? It hasn't got an ILSAC rating, so it might not be for you!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Chevron Delo is YOUR magic oil! Congrats & Enjoy!

Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 is my "Magic" oil, Run it in everything Except the Toyota. It made ZERO difference on, Well, Anything! It just works, That's all.

I bought all 77 Gallons for $12.99 each under an Autozone sell a couple years back.

My SL2 currently has a fill of M1 TDT. It is a thirsty engine. I am topping off with M1 HM 5w-20. After adding .75 quarts of top-off, I registered just a hair shy of 40 miles per gallon on a highway trip! Automatic transmission too. The engine runs very smoothly and exceeds EPA estimates.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

Yep, M1 TDT is incredible oil - no more tick in my Sierra!
I got LOADS of it cheap as well!!
thumbsup2.gif

Congrats OP on your love of Delo.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Are you sure, Merk? It hasn't got an ILSAC rating, so it might not be for you!
wink.gif

Maybe I should try SAE 16. It's so thin, it doesn't even need to be a multi-viscosity.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back