runs on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Regarding this:

I'm sure that I've seen at least 100 different crackpot theories. I will get emails from people asking me to help them work out the details of their theory. And so it's sort of like saying I'm good at music, but I just don't know what the notes are supposed to be in this piece. If you could just write down the notes, I could come up with a great piece of music. --John Baez

I did not watch the video before commenting btw.

Last edited:
Early in my career, I built and commissioned a hydrogen generating plant...got a fair idea on the energy inputs, and the volume outputs.

If you consider that the engine is a quarter efficient at best, you can see that it's clearly impossible to sustain operation as such.

If you start with a charged battery and end up with a flat one, you can run for a bit...as the world's least efficient electric vehicle.

Honestly, this is an area that I constantly keep an eye on, as scientific paradigms DO shift as knowledge builds.

Have never seen anything that could possibly work...the Joe Cell at least claims to tap quantum energy and other mystical things.

Honestly you'd be hard pressed to pick a worse working fluid than water. Not many liquids are more stable than water and at a lower overall energy state.

Some day, somewhere, an old fashion backyard "Wright Brother" will come along and that mystical physics and chemistry mix will come out and maybe the water thing will work,,,I have not a clue though.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Some day, somewhere, an old fashion backyard "Wright Brother" will come along and that mystical physics and chemistry mix will come out and maybe the water thing will work,,,I have not a clue though.

So you're saying that the Wright brother's work was based on "mystical physics and chemistry"?

Sorry to say, but the days of the gentleman scientist (or amateur scientist, or whatever you want to call it) working on his own time and making remarkable discoveries are long past.

I hope when it does happen it involves lasers!

SitpCBe7oM.png

Originally Posted By: Garak
Sorry to say, but the days of the gentleman scientist (or amateur scientist, or whatever you want to call it) working on his own time and making remarkable discoveries are long past.
Remember there are 6 or 7 billion folks on the planet we haven't heard from yet. We are the minority in here...

Courierdriver,
you need to understand that energy flows from areas of high potential to low.

A bowling ball on the top of a flight of stairs can be pushed into a cradle, that through a series of levers runs a dynamo that powers a light.

When the bowling ball is at ground level, it can't be harnessed anymore to provide energy.

Something needs to get it back to the top of the stairs.

And that takes energy, and more energy than it can deliver down the downslope.

When Kschachn stated that water was a bad starting point, it's because water is at the thermodynamic bottom of the stairs...burn gasoline...you make water, burn wood, you make water, eat a french fry and exhale, you make water.

For that matter, CO2 is pretty well at the bottom of the stairs as well.

The link that you provided shows a system where the bowling ball is at the top of the stairs (hydrogen), falls to the bottom (by being burned with air in the engine), produces power.

That's possible, and sensible.

But to get to the top of the stairs again, it needs to be lifted there again, and by something.

The engine can't produce enough power to run a generator to make the hydrogen, to run the engine.

Think about the magic aspect.

If the whole show was 100% efficient, it would be a perpetual motion machine. There are laws and theorems that describe that as impossible, but ignore them for a second...make the machine 100% efficient, and 100% reversible.

As soon as you hooked an LED to the process, it would cascade to a dead state...just the noise that it produced, and the heat to the cooling system would be sucking the energy out of it's perfect balance, and it would grind to a halt.

The "car runs on water" crowd somehow convince people that the bowling ball magically reappears at the top of the stairs, every time, to repeat the trick.

In my view, there's enough in the battery that you can do a youtube vid on the capacity already in the battery, and make it look pretty realistic....like I said, the world's least efficient electric vehicle.

But I do keep abreast of the claims.
* Joe Cell at least claims to be tapping zero point.
* Meyers and others use(d) a strange electrical pulse modulation that miraculously gets the bowling ball to the top of the stairs.

Like you say, someone may crack something.

An entirely new set of "natural laws" will have to follow on from it.

World's least efficient electric vehicle isn't it 'though.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Remember there are 6 or 7 billion folks on the planet we haven't heard from yet. We are the minority in here...

We may be, but I'm pretty confident in my assertion. The big stuff these days requires technology, teamwork, and a lot of education. Most Nobel Prizes these days go to more than one person. Cold fusion won't be perfected in someone's garage. Quantum theory and relativity won't be unified by a tinkerer sitting on the john, either.

U r right, but the bicycle guys never went to flight school, I could be wrong....I'm keeping a light on for them.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back